Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Dreamcatcher Programming

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like gold?
  Yes, yes I do.
View Results

Denesca

Invisible Shapeshifter

9,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:18 pm
This is by no means a how-to, but I had really good results with this, so I thought I'd share.

A while ago I made a dreamcatcher as a gift for someone who had nightmares pretty much every time they slept. It was my first dreamcatcher (though it might count as my third of fourth, considering I had to un-weave it several times), and I really wanted it to work, not just look pretty. So I figured, why not program it? I don't typically create constructs, mind you. I usually only create energy balls either just for practice or to send to people, their sole purpose to convey the message, "Hey, look what I can do!"

Honestly, I had no idea what I was doing, just sort of made it up as I went along. I decided that I wanted it to catch only good dreams. I didn't see the point of "catching" any bad ones -- if a person is going to have good dreams, there shouldn't be any negativity hanging around them, right? It would attract and catch good dreams.

So, first I attempted to center myself, and get into a meditative state of mind. I pictured good dreams being caught in the dreamcatcher, then spiraling along the threads to the beads in the center, then down an attached thread, and off of the feather hanging at the bottom. I set the dreamcatcher down and traced my finger over the path of the dream, over and over. Then I placed my hand over it and did my best to put as much positive energy in it as I could.

That method sounds a bit fluffy, I'm sure, but that dreamcatcher has been working remarkably well. The person I gave it to went to having nightmares every night, to having none. It's been doing it's job for over half a year now. I thought it might catch a good dream or two, but I wasn't expecting anything like that.

Just thought I'd contribute this and see what you guys make of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:38 pm
I think that in any magical act the intention is more important than the actual process.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Belief and intent along with will. These are only some of the few elements needed to create. You're power was strong and good.

Now you are the MASTAH!!!  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff