Submit

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:33 pm
How can you say to have respect to what you just wrote if you're preaching something so horrible in this place of love and peace?

I consider it a disrespect to dishonor this place with a post trying to explain your own evil ways. No one can hide their true selves no matter how pretty you put it. I know everything about sects, Wicca, Satanism, Mormons, in period, almost every religion, at least a little bit about them, and even everything you said there, if read between the lines, you know it's evil and everything in there is against the love that preached Jesus. Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, and another blessed man who's name I have forgotten, have all preached love. Jesus most of all preached love and expressed that love like no one has seen in this world. One who is one with God, is one with love and peace. Power, avarice, and hatred, these are the things your religion preach, nothing more. How can I respect a religion who doesn't respect other religions in the first place?

Preaching atrocities in a place like this? That's not reducing ignorance, that's showing your ignorance and disrespecting. Of course we're all human, and we're all equal as Jesus himself taught, and also Buddha. We're not all evil, and we all have the power to change to good. I would help your realize what you're doing, but that's only up to you. Just stop disrespecting this place which I have come to love, and see as my only refuge in Gaia. All these people are good people. I have never seen a Satanist be a good person to me at all. They're all dead inside and hollow. Miserable to the very end, or just arrogant and fool-hearted.

Have some honor for once in your life, and respect.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:17 pm
XSK Ambrosia
How can you say to have respect to what you just wrote if you're preaching something so horrible in this place of love and peace?

I consider it a disrespect to dishonor this place with a post trying to explain your own evil ways. No one can hide their true selves no matter how pretty you put it. I know everything about sects, Wicca, Satanism, Mormons, in period, almost every religion, at least a little bit about them, and even everything you said there, if read between the lines, you know it's evil and everything in there is against the love that preached Jesus. Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, and another blessed man who's name I have forgotten, have all preached love. Jesus most of all preached love and expressed that love like no one has seen in this world. One who is one with God, is one with love and peace. Power, avarice, and hatred, these are the things your religion preach, nothing more. How can I respect a religion who doesn't respect other religions in the first place?

Preaching atrocities in a place like this? That's not reducing ignorance, that's showing your ignorance and disrespecting. Of course we're all human, and we're all equal as Jesus himself taught, and also Buddha. We're not all evil, and we all have the power to change to good. I would help your realize what you're doing, but that's only up to you. Just stop disrespecting this place which I have come to love, and see as my only refuge in Gaia. All these people are good people. I have never seen a Satanist be a good person to me at all. They're all dead inside and hollow. Miserable to the very end, or just arrogant and fool-hearted.

Excuse me, but would you mind quoting parts of his post to support what you're claiming? Insulting and disrespecting a non-believer is hardly the way to show them the love of Christ and it only pushes them away. His views may differ from ours in quite a few areas, but as far as respecting others, his beliefs are head on.

11 Rules of the Earth
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Nothin evil here that I can see. By not saying anything, he can't disrespect anyone. It may be opposed to the biblical belief that we should correct a brother who has strayed, but it is in no way disrespecting others.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

This is another sign of respect. Again, it differs from the biblical belief that we should confess our sins to each other, but it still isn't disrespecting anyone.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

This one is blatant respect for another's home. You shouldn't go to someone's house if you can't respect it and the boundaries/rules that they set there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

This rule is basically the same as the old testament belief of an eye for an eye. It is greatly opposed to the belief of love, kindness, and mercy; however, it is not disrespectful. Would you consider it disrespect if you hit someone for hitting you?

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

This is respecting boundaries with women. Sure, it goes against what we are taught as Christians as far as abstinence, but it's not disrespecting a woman outright. Some would argue that it's disrespectful to soil a woman before marriage, but this rule isn't addressing sex before or after marriage, it's just addressing sex in general.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

This agrees with not stealing. It may be off base by saying it's ok to steal when it relieves someone's burden, but I would hardly call it disrespectful if your heart is in the right place.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Like he posted, this rule is referring to things such as medicine. Yeah, it's against our beliefs as far as real magic is concerned, but it isn't disrespecting anyone if he follows this rule.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

It's basically saying mind your own business. That is a high form of respect in my opinion and I don't see how it is against anything in the bible unless you really try.

9. Do not harm little children.

This is a biblical belief. I don't see any disrespect.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

This is something many Christians believe. Animals don't have souls in my opinion, but God created them as well. Still no disrespect.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

This here is saying turn the other cheek and don't pick a fight. The bible doesn't say what to do after you turn the other cheek. Sometimes a violent response is the correct one. I would say that destroying someone is a bit extreme, but it isn't disrespectful to defend yourself.

My point being. Don't disrespect someone of a different religion for posting what they believe. It isn't going to change their mind and it will most likely push them away with an even worse taste of Christianity in their mouths. In this case, Fefnir hasn't posted disrespect. Yes, his beliefs are opposed to ours in most areas, but to say that it's disrespectful to post anything other than beliefs that agree with Christianity is not only against the beliefs written on this guild's home page, but it is ignorant and selfish.  

Gyakufunsha Palazzo

Gyakufunsha Palazzo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:01 pm
XSK Ambrosia

Hey, I forgot to address your fallacies. One, Jesus never preached equality. Two, we are ALL evil. Three, none of us have the power to change to good, that's what Jesus came for. Four, you can't generalize all Satanists because you don't know all Satanists. I can venture to say that you know very few because, from what I have seen, they are a good bunch; just misled, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:41 am
Gyakufunsha Palazzo
XSK Ambrosia

Hey, I forgot to address your fallacies. One, Jesus never preached equality. Two, we are ALL evil. Three, none of us have the power to change to good, that's what Jesus came for. Four, you can't generalize all Satanists because you don't know all Satanists. I can venture to say that you know very few because, from what I have seen, they are a good bunch; just misled, in my opinion.

I agree, we as Christians should strive to be loving and accepting of others, regardless of what they believe; BUT we should also be strong and know what the Bible says and never give up on our own beliefs.

As for what Gyakufunsha Palazzo said about generalizing, I also agree. What was said made me think of the "all pitbulls are bad" phrase. In fact, they aren't; unless raised that way. You can't judge one pitbull because you heard or saw another that was vicious.

Yes, the posts made by Fefnir were controversal and yes, he and I discussed the posts. He decided to leave the guild as never meant to distress anyone here, merely to explain why he believes what he does. I explained that this just wasn't the best place for that since we as Christians would only continue to disagree with him on pretty much every topic. And, because I didn't think it was fair that members of a Christian guild should agree to disagree on every subject.  

squeakygirl
Captain

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:45 am
We all have a bit of evil inside of us because we're easily corrupted, but we're not ALL evil. Jesus, preached that we're ALL sons of God, therefore we're all equal. It's not a fallacy if you read the whole Bible yourself. The satanists friends that I actually have are nice because they're confused, so I don't even consider them satanists.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:36 am
These people are a little bit off their rockers. I browsed the guild and all their avatar looked like demons. Plus they where talking about how "Christians" Stole the bible from different religions. The need prayer badly.  

Kyo the III

~*Proud Christians of Gaia*~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces