Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
hero?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You always hear about the "everyday heroes" like fireman, etc.
  But I never really thought about the average joe being able to do something so dramatically heroic.
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:24 pm
This really got to me when I heard about it. This average, normal guy had his own movie climax moment right before he died, saving his pregnant wife. It's quite moving. I could say something about nature's instincts for offspring protection, but I'd prefer to think of it like an everyday sort of hero saving the day. Too bad he's not around to see the results.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/final+only+thing+that+would+save/3487150/story.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:35 pm
Wow that was super sad but very touching and just goes to show you that chivalry isn't dead at least to me.

However, I see where you're coming from purple it's rare to hear about the average Joe heroes that happen almost every day out there, but sadly I've yet to hear one of there stories end with them living.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Corruptor of Worlds

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:13 am
If it's sad I don't want to watch it, but it does sound amazing!

(sad the guy didn't live, must be very hard on his wife) *sniff*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:21 pm
It's not a video, it's just an article. The gist of it is this guy was driving with his pregnant wife, and these assholes in another vehicle drove straight at them. At the last second, the guy swerved the car to the side to put himself between the oncoming vehicle and his wife, saving her and their baby.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Corruptor of Worlds

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:27 am
I hope the other guys died evil  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:51 pm
No, but they're in jail. They were notorious troublemakers and druggies, so it wasn't hard putting them away.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:32 pm
Oh, I remember seeing this story on the news. Of course, they seemed to make more of a big deal over the fact that the guy was a video game designer than his heroic effort.

I think that's incredibly sad and touching really. Like you mentioned, there is always the parental instincts, but I know a lot of parents who would rather protect themselves than their own children. So, I think it's pretty heroic. Plus, he was saving the woman he loved too. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:27 am
It's still not fair that he died and they lived.

Perhaps a sacrifice to the underworld is in order.
twisted  

Corruptor of Worlds

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:09 pm
Rinioa
Oh, I remember seeing this story on the news. Of course, they seemed to make more of a big deal over the fact that the guy was a video game designer than his heroic effort.

I think that's incredibly sad and touching really. Like you mentioned, there is always the parental instincts, but I know a lot of parents who would rather protect themselves than their own children. So, I think it's pretty heroic. Plus, he was saving the woman he loved too. heart
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:16 pm
Corruptor of Worlds

twisted
Life is filled with sacrifices. :/  

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Corruptor of Worlds

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:32 am
Rinioa
Corruptor of Worlds

twisted
Life is filled with sacrifices. :/

I meant one that involve impaling the other guys on giant metal spikes twisted  
Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games