Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
I got a 100 and it was put in a magazine.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ecopper12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:08 am
Saw Ton posting a little story of his, (Which I will read when I get back from school) and figured I would post something I impressed a lot of people with. It was a school project, and a lot people liked it.

I wrote a little short one page story (It was one page in word I SWEAR! xD) about Influenza for my Health 2 class. It was a unanimous yes vote to be put in the school's literary magazine, and that takes a lot. We are very critical. This is what got in.

In Flew Enza

I had a little bird…Its name was Enza…I opened the window…And In flew Enza…

It was just an innocent little playground chant. A simple rhyme the kids had made up. That’s all it was, right? That’s what we all thought…Until it hit us. The ripple in the pond’s still water, some might say. To us, it was more like a huge splash in the torrent of the stream. What was it?

I had a little bird…

“Now, now class calm do-Excuse me a second…” the teacher wheezed. He left the room and we all heard the faint sounds of him having a coughing fit. One of the kids snickered and made a gesture that mocked choking. Everyone laughed until we heard that horrible noise that came right after. It was a bone chilling sound. It was like one out of a horror film: A gasp for air, then a cry of agony. Silence followed, and bewildered expressions arrived close behind.

Its name was Enza…

“Is Mr. Gregory okay?” asked Little Sally. One of the kids had already raced to the door and was standing there shocked. Mr. Gregory was laying there, still. It seemed like all the life had left his body just like his coughs had. We didn’t know it at the time, but The Silent Killer had worked its way into our society, and it has just taken its first victim. Mr. Gregory, you know what took your life.

I opened the window…

Many people followed suit soon after. It was an epidemic for which there was no cure. We felt helpless and useless for the first time in a long time. It was not a welcome feeling, and we certainly weren’t prepared.

And…

In the months that followed, we had no idea what to do. We tried quarantining people. It didn’t help. We tried to calm people down, and the result was more chaos. It started like a normal cold. Then you got sick. After a while, you felt worse than you have ever felt. You truly couldn’t stop it at the time. We didn’t know what it was enough to do anything. The Silent Killer had prevailed. We thought it was over. That dreaded virus…

Influenza…

Even the super critic of the group was very impressed.

What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 am
That is pretty amazing.  

l-Kriel-l

ecopper12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:39 am
l-Kriel-l
That is pretty amazing.

Really? Thanks.

I think the repetition and separation of the school house rhyme was effective in adding to the mood.

Next up: Something to do with Link and a Re-Dead.

Ton's story got me thinking about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:45 am
I feel like writing.
But what about?  

l-Kriel-l

ecopper12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:50 am
l-Kriel-l
I feel like writing.
But what about?

Write about something epic and having to do with video games.

Or write a parody of something.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am
I want to write a monster-based short story.
But everything I think of has been taken.
I.E. The Rake, Slenderman, Tulpa, Ton's story, WITNESS, Zalgo, etc.  

l-Kriel-l

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:04 pm
Great job, Copper.

I like how I inspire people now XD

And if you're inspired, it is very easy to write.  
The Gallery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games