Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars
Draw with Me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lost Omega

7,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:34 am
This video make me tear up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvjZ6VkLuCM  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:39 am
videos way old but yeah i cried a lil the first time i saw it  

MR HIGH COMMAND

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:46 am
crying yeah  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:58 am
My My, It's so sad.  

FenrisHellhound

Unbeatable Werewolf

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Kashinami-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:12 pm
Ive seen it alot of times and yes.....very sad. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:45 pm
crying  

CaliWolf

4,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:38 pm
I used to think it was really heartbreaking, but then I used logic to analyze the video, and this is what I realized:

1. If the wall has an open top, then it can't possibly be sound proof. Therefore, it would be unnecessary for the boy and girl to write messages and draw together, thus making the story have no point to it.
2. How did the girl get the box over the wall? If she could have thrown it, then why couldn't she have just jumped over herself?
3. Plus, the box was perfectly placed and therefore could not have been tossed over a wall by a one-handed girl.
4. A broken hand heals; a severed hand does not. If the girl cut off her own hand to be "even" with the boy, then she is an idiot, because when he is fine again, she will still be impaired.

There are just too many flaws in the storyline of "Draw With Me" for it to have any sort of sentimental value to me anymore.
sorry...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:30 pm
I'm sorry (not really), but I have to agree with Celtic on this, the girl is an idiot no matter how you look at it. Not only does a severed hand not heal, but what the hell is the boy going to do with said severed hand? Atach it to himself? Oh, and Celtic, just because you can throw something over a wall does not mean you can jump said wall, there are plenty of walls I can throw stuff over, but I'm not able to jump these walls. I hate to say this (I really don't, but I'm supposed to sound like a decent person), but I laughed at the video, it was truly something for me to find comedy in. Thanks Omega.  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:15 am
Ill agree that its sad but not even close to tear jerking cat_confused  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:19 pm
Cute. But I wouldn't say it is sad.

Probably depending on ones situation determines if they find it sad or not.  

00Shoe
Captain

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:52 pm
if people think its sad they are depressed or lonely or need to get out more or something or arent used to thinking for themselves or... idk lol theres alot of possibilities i suppose.

first time i saw it i was paranoid and depressed so i got ******** up watchin it lol and cried, anything woulda messed me up though when i was like that, and the second time i saw it was recently although before i saw this thread and i saw it was sorta stupid lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:46 am
Celtic zombie-kitten
I used to think it was really heartbreaking, but then I used logic to analyze the video, and this is what I realized:

1. If the wall has an open top, then it can't possibly be sound proof. Therefore, it would be unnecessary for the boy and girl to write messages and draw together, thus making the story have no point to it.
2. How did the girl get the box over the wall? If she could have thrown it, then why couldn't she have just jumped over herself?
3. Plus, the box was perfectly placed and therefore could not have been tossed over a wall by a one-handed girl.
4. A broken hand heals; a severed hand does not. If the girl cut off her own hand to be "even" with the boy, then she is an idiot, because when he is fine again, she will still be impaired.

There are just too many flaws in the storyline of "Draw With Me" for it to have any sort of sentimental value to me anymore.
sorry...

I think you may need to rewatch the video, because at least one of the statements you made is incorrect. The boy didn't break his hand. When he punched through the glass wall, it regenerated itself. His hand was still on the other side of the wall when it did this and it cut off his hand.

If the wall had not closed back up, the girl probably would have slipped her severed hand through the hole that was made by the boy. This would have increased the chances that the box would land on the other side neatly since the drop ws much shorter and wouldn't have been doing flips in the air, like it would have if she had tried throwing it.

Also, there is nothing in the video to suguest that the two actually could talk. Yes, they both were writing in the same language, but there is no proof that they were capable of speaking.

Now let's go back to the begining of the video when the two first meet. They try talking to each other through the wall, but aren't able to hear. You do make a good point about the wall having an open top. You have to consider though that wall has at least some magical properties, proven in the fact that it regenerated itself. Though there is no proof of it does have the ability to block sound, it is easeir to assume that it might due to its other properties.

The one thing that I, along with many others, could never figure out was how she got her hand on the other side of the wall. That one detail messes with everything. If she did in fact throw it over the wall, than why couldn't they have just drawn the pictures on paper and thrown them over as well. Also, it would have been more logical for one of the two to try and find a ladder or some other way to get over.  

Nandoral

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:42 am
Also you can't really see the girl as much of an idiot as I'm thinking you guys are making her out to be. She was right handed and he was left handed. She gave him her left hand. Or the other way around. It's been a while since I've seen it and I don't feel like loading the video just to find out for sure since the point's still valid. They had opposite dominate hands. Yes she impaired herself by only having one hand now but at least he has his dominate hand back.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:43 am
Nandoral
Celtic zombie-kitten

sorry...

I think you may need to rewatch the video, because at least one of the statements you made is incorrect. The boy didn't break his hand. When he punched through the glass wall, it regenerated itself. His hand was still on the other side of the wall when it did this and it cut off his hand.

If the wall had not closed back up, the girl probably would have slipped her severed hand through the hole that was made by the boy. This would have increased the chances that the box would land on the other side neatly since the drop ws much shorter and wouldn't have been doing flips in the air, like it would have if she had tried throwing it.

Also, there is nothing in the video to suguest that the two actually could talk. Yes, they both were writing in the same language, but there is no proof that they were capable of speaking.

Now let's go back to the begining of the video when the two first meet. They try talking to each other through the wall, but aren't able to hear. You do make a good point about the wall having an open top. You have to consider though that wall has at least some magical properties, proven in the fact that it regenerated itself. Though there is no proof of it does have the ability to block sound, it is easeir to assume that it might due to its other properties.

The one thing that I, along with many others, could never figure out was how she got her hand on the other side of the wall. That one detail messes with everything. If she did in fact throw it over the wall, than why couldn't they have just drawn the pictures on paper and thrown them over as well. Also, it would have been more logical for one of the two to try and find a ladder or some other way to get over.
Hmm... I never noticed the thing about his hand being cut off. I just assumed it was broken because he was wearing a cast and a sling.
And the description of the original video actually does specifically state that the wall is sound proof, although your point about it being magical does make that fact seem more plausible.

Anyway, I still like the video; it's just that I started hanging out with annoyingly logical people, and that made it less enchanting to me. xp  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff