Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
Paranormal Adventures

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of ghosts?
  Spirits.
  guys in sheets. Booo
  don't look behind you (takes gold and runs)
  Can I use a lifeline?
View Results

Jason The Wanderer

5,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:29 pm
Has anyone here gone on a hunting trip for the paranormal? I always wanted too, and I got my wish this summer. Stayed at the Lizzie Borden Inn, actually slept in Lizzie's bed biggrin , saw nothing of course, was a two hour seance, but validity is questionable. Also stayed in room 24 in the Concord Colonial Inn, cold sweat with air conditioning on all night, (it was so friggin cold!). Possibly just freaked out. What about you guys?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:40 pm
I've been vicariously dragged into them as well as almost clean up after people who had no clue as to what they were doing. My parents' home is apparently a hot spot for weird activity, so we've seen a few paranormal investigators. Sadly, they were the kind who thought the way it's done on TV was real.  

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 am
4shi
I've been vicariously dragged into them as well as almost clean up after people who had no clue as to what they were doing. My parents' home is apparently a hot spot for weird activity, so we've seen a few paranormal investigators. Sadly, they were the kind who thought the way it's done on TV was real.

Out of idle curiousity, how do you get vicariously dragged into something? o_O  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:44 pm
Mitsh
4shi

Out of idle curiousity, how do you get vicariously dragged into something? o_O

It's best to tell the story.

I didn't really want part in (what I've dubbed) The Order of the Mooncalf's business. Since I had no desire to partake in such idiocy I only have secondhand information about the events.

TOotM was so inept at paranormal investigation that I had to step in and clean up a big mess they made of things. They tried to convince my family there were demons "on a scale of 1 to 10 on a 9" (seriously, they said that), ran around screaming like morons from this "demon" (I later confirmed it was a servitor my bf sent), and even wore black for the occasion.

After calming down my family, sorting out the "demon" issue, and having a laugh at their expense I had no choice but to try to talk with them. This was especially true with a couple of them since I knew them at some point and knew how inept they were. It never happened because they basically ran away from the whole family (which I don't know why. I'm not a particularly threatening person. I'd go as far to say harmless).

The only good thing that came from that incident was TOotM disbanded because they realized they were in over their heads.

So that's how I was vicariously dragged in to that situation. I wasn't actually there for the incident, didn't really want anything to do with it, but had to deal with it anyway.  

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

Arcane_Ninja24

Fashionable Codger

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:27 pm
paranormal investigating is fun... unfortunately any investigation i have gone on, was with people who didn't have a clue what they where doing, and didn't have the proper gear to do s**t.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:33 am
Proper gear? You believe modified human tech would be suitable for a whole new purpose of tracking creatures that are believed to be a spiritual being?
Screw gear.

You want paranormal activities?! Find yourself an older house. My friends have told me stories of coming from a haunted location. It is no longer that way, due to a fire. But once carried some strange events and occurrences.

I am still iffy on the whole "paranormal" thing due to the fact a persona can easily through their mind into believing something and most certainly while in fear.  

Justus D Spencer

Dangerous Capitalist

4,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:10 pm
Arcane_Ninja24
paranormal investigating is fun... unfortunately any investigation i have gone on, was with people who didn't have a clue what they where doing, and didn't have the proper gear to do s**t.

Was it, by any chance, the Order of the Mooncalf? wink

Cade The Imperfect
Proper gear? You believe modified human tech would be suitable for a whole new purpose of tracking creatures that are believed to be a spiritual being?
Screw gear.

I am still iffy on the whole "paranormal" thing due to the fact a persona can easily through their mind into believing something and most certainly while in fear.

These two statements seem contradictory. While I do believe skepticism is healthy with investigating, it seems odd you would want to use methods that could easily be "misinterpreted". Would you care to explain so that I may better understand you?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:52 pm
My only story of looking for something like ghosts comes from my old entheogenic days.

In that city I lived in at the time, there's a huge river through the state that has a port in the city. That's how the city grew. There's also an island in the middle of the river that was turned into a state park - closed after dark, but that didn't stop us.

The place had a lot of history - a civil war prison camp, a runaway slave prison camp, a later-murdered hobo's camp,... and that all was centered where they later built (and then dismantled) a hydroelectric power plant which was the goal.

Well, this was a few days after halloween, so the veil was thin, and the trees had no leaves. The branches outlined all sorts of gore and horrifying sights, but I found it beautiful at the time.

I just wanted to meditate there, but my buddies wanted to split. They said something on the isle felt malevolent. On returning to my apartment, I had my date with Crowley's Qabballistic Chronzon anyway... and so did each of us who went out that night.

The response? I eventually gave up the entheogens (as the voices prescribed - a 12 Step call from a voice in my head??!!!) One guy who was already a little off went completely, literally schizophrenic; and the oldest found that missing gumption to finally graduate both from college and his own lifestyle issues.  

PrometheanSet

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:25 pm
lol, ha ha... i've always wanted to do that!! An investation should be interesting.. hehee... but i don't wanna go alone.. >.< lol...

I prefer at least one more person come with or maybe even have a small group?

Maybe someday! ^^

I've been able to feel presences in supposedly "haunted" ... >.<
but i feel torn sometimes when spirits make me see their memories.. sweatdrop Most of them have such tragic memories... gonk
But either way, it should be fun to do a paranormal investigation someday!!  
The Café (General Chat)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games