Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Idea Sub [LOCKED]
Suggestion Box Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:50 pm
X- TMT -X
TheWingsOfTheGods
Had an idea, which for now i will be calling 'passive rank ups'

Now, the short version of this idea is that instead of having to rely on waiting for a large group exam, or have to wait on your kage to organize a small exam for you while doing his other things, you can rank up be fufilling a certain mission criteria, and then doing a specialized 'rank up mission' that if you pass, you can rank up.

The way i could see this working would be if you made each mission worth a certain number of MP (Mission points), and that once a certain shinobi has achieved both a the required minimum missions as well as his point quota, he is qualified to perform a predesignated exam mission for the rank he is trying to attain (With each village having one, and with a harder one for rogue ninja, but i'll get to that later one)
Now, the general numbers i had personally thought up were based on if the mission points were as follows:

D = 1
C = 3
B = 5
A = 10
S = 25
SS = 50
Chunin exam mission prerequisite:
100 MP
1 A, 6 B, 10 D.

Jonin exam mission prerequisite:
600 MP
1 S, 6 A, 21 B

Sanin exam mission prerequisite:
1 SS, 7 S, 16 A

(The prerequisite for the mission is your total mission done, not for each new rank up)

This would mean that, lets say for genin to reach chunin, they would need to do at least 1 A, 6 B, 10 D, which would equal 50 MP. at that point, they can do whatever missions they choose to reach the 100MP requirement, and can be 50 more D ranks, or 5 more A ranks, and any in-between.

Now, as the for the Exam mission itself, the way it would work would be similar to if one was doing the self written rp mission that most personalized rank up exams consist. Each village would have a thread dedicated to the Exam mission, and the one participating would rp out their rpc fufilling the mission requirements in a detailed rp post, which them rping for any npcs that may be apart of the mission. Once this mission is done, a designated crew member can read over the mission, and declare whether they passed or not based on their rp skill. If they fail, then they lose half of their current MP, and have to requalify for the exam.

The Exception to the MP rule would be the Multi-village exams, that take place every few months. A person wishing to rank up doesn't require to have the prerequisite MP or mission to take part in these, but unlike the exam mission, the chance of passing is much slimmer, due to the competition of other RPCs

Now, as for those RPCs who do not have a place in a village, in each Country there is a bounty board, which has a Rogue variant of the Exam Mission, and some generic missions on it. However, any RPC can place a mission on this bounty for either any other shinobi, or for Rogues to fulfill for them, With RPC generated missions (That must be approved by crew before they can be done by rogues, to stop someone making a really easy SS rank mission and use to to exploit the system) being worth Double the MP points, but usually involving Other RPCs. The Prize money on these missions is also drawn from the mission creator's own funds. This both allows rogues the chance to do missions, and allows people to create mission to purely aid themselves, such as putting a 'hit' on another rpc, or Gathering support for an attack.

Thats about as far as i can remember with that idea.
This is a great idea. I wonder why this took so long to become a thing here.

I'm sure they've had a lot on their plate for a while now.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:54 pm
TheWingsOfTheGods
X- TMT -X
TheWingsOfTheGods
Had an idea, which for now i will be calling 'passive rank ups'

Now, the short version of this idea is that instead of having to rely on waiting for a large group exam, or have to wait on your kage to organize a small exam for you while doing his other things, you can rank up be fufilling a certain mission criteria, and then doing a specialized 'rank up mission' that if you pass, you can rank up.

The way i could see this working would be if you made each mission worth a certain number of MP (Mission points), and that once a certain shinobi has achieved both a the required minimum missions as well as his point quota, he is qualified to perform a predesignated exam mission for the rank he is trying to attain (With each village having one, and with a harder one for rogue ninja, but i'll get to that later one)
Now, the general numbers i had personally thought up were based on if the mission points were as follows:

D = 1
C = 3
B = 5
A = 10
S = 25
SS = 50
Chunin exam mission prerequisite:
100 MP
1 A, 6 B, 10 D.

Jonin exam mission prerequisite:
600 MP
1 S, 6 A, 21 B

Sanin exam mission prerequisite:
1 SS, 7 S, 16 A

(The prerequisite for the mission is your total mission done, not for each new rank up)

This would mean that, lets say for genin to reach chunin, they would need to do at least 1 A, 6 B, 10 D, which would equal 50 MP. at that point, they can do whatever missions they choose to reach the 100MP requirement, and can be 50 more D ranks, or 5 more A ranks, and any in-between.

Now, as the for the Exam mission itself, the way it would work would be similar to if one was doing the self written rp mission that most personalized rank up exams consist. Each village would have a thread dedicated to the Exam mission, and the one participating would rp out their rpc fufilling the mission requirements in a detailed rp post, which them rping for any npcs that may be apart of the mission. Once this mission is done, a designated crew member can read over the mission, and declare whether they passed or not based on their rp skill. If they fail, then they lose half of their current MP, and have to requalify for the exam.

The Exception to the MP rule would be the Multi-village exams, that take place every few months. A person wishing to rank up doesn't require to have the prerequisite MP or mission to take part in these, but unlike the exam mission, the chance of passing is much slimmer, due to the competition of other RPCs

Now, as for those RPCs who do not have a place in a village, in each Country there is a bounty board, which has a Rogue variant of the Exam Mission, and some generic missions on it. However, any RPC can place a mission on this bounty for either any other shinobi, or for Rogues to fulfill for them, With RPC generated missions (That must be approved by crew before they can be done by rogues, to stop someone making a really easy SS rank mission and use to to exploit the system) being worth Double the MP points, but usually involving Other RPCs. The Prize money on these missions is also drawn from the mission creator's own funds. This both allows rogues the chance to do missions, and allows people to create mission to purely aid themselves, such as putting a 'hit' on another rpc, or Gathering support for an attack.

Thats about as far as i can remember with that idea.
This is a great idea. I wonder why this took so long to become a thing here.

I'm sure they've had a lot on their plate for a while now.
Well, good job, Wings.  

Jeremiah Saint Cloud

Eloquent Capitalist

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Rpman2-0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:45 pm
Hey, I've recently been trying to make a puppet master character, or more specifically, puppets for said character. However, I seem to have a problem with them, every time I put a puppet idea together, I have no idea whether or not it is too powerful or too weak for the rank that I want it to be at. Imagining that there are others out there who have this same problem, I have come up with an ideal remedy (for myself at least.) Why not have a subforum with examples of puppets at each rank. Just to show the level of complexity usually associated with each rank? This way, a newcomer could see the skeleton of the puppet, and then use their own creativity to fill the rest of the 'blueprint' per se. Even if you just provided a rough list of materials that could be used per rank, it would help immensely.  
Idea Sub [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff