Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Tabletop RPGs online

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryo Crimson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:37 pm
Hey all, as a long-time fan of roleplay, I've done a lot of different stuff. Most of what I do online is pretty much what occurs on this guild, but I've also done my fair share of dice-rollers like White Wolf, Battletech, and Star Wars.

I've noticed the Dice/D&D thread is pretty much gathering dust from lack of use and wanted to know if anyone was interested in trying one of the above systems to run a PlayByForum game. I'd offer to GM/Storytell if there was enough interest and people with the books to make characters.

Also, if anyone knows of any good guilds or sites for online tabletop roleplay, would love to hear them, over PM if there's an issue with Advertisements on this thread. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:45 am
If only I knew any of them, I've actually tried to find other table top games to try to learn and play on here, but with no luck, and I'm to much of an idiot to create one of my own. gonk  

Drake Slator

Ryo Crimson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:01 pm
Drake Slator
If only I knew any of them, I've actually tried to find other table top games to try to learn and play on here, but with no luck, and I'm to much of an idiot to create one of my own. gonk

Well, I mean, it takes a lot I guess. Mostly just trying to find people that already know a system and can play along fairly easily enough, and finding such people in a guild on Gaia. I think the chances are cut by a third. Well, does anyone play any other systems that I didn't list?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:52 am
Yeah, I know what you mean, I've never even played a table top before because I don't know anyone who would be willing to learn one with me. Plus there's no bookstores around here that even sell the books for them. gonk  

Drake Slator

Ryo Crimson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:31 pm
Drake Slator
Yeah, I know what you mean, I've never even played a table top before because I don't know anyone who would be willing to learn one with me. Plus there's no bookstores around here that even sell the books for them. gonk

Aye, finding a group to roll with is the hardest part. I was lucky enough to have most of my high school friends be of the nerdy crowd so they're the ones that got me into it. We still play games online on IRC sometimes. As for the books, it depends which system. D&D, Star Wars RPG, and White Wolf can be found in most large bookstores, usually close to the comics section.  
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games