This is the place to Chat,Roleplay,Play Games, And just have fun 

Tags: gold, lottery, friends, movie, girls 

Reply The Main Floor
Is it weird that I...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read my blurb and answer honestly: Am I weird?
  Yeah, that's strange.
  No, nothing odd about that.
  Maybe, you don't know 'cause I'm a ninja!
View Results

Zenally

4,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:02 pm
Okay does anyone here think that it's strange that a 14 year old girl with blond hair and blue eyes and a bunch of friends loves anime (and Japanese culture in general)? I'm really sorry, I know how racist and ugly I sound, I do, but hear me out. See, there's this stereotype at my school and home about people who watch anime or read manga. The stereotype usually is that only really nerdy people with no friends and no life, or you should have Asian heritage to watch or read it. I'm sorry, I know about 100 people are about about ready to reach through the monitor an choke me, and I feel like an @$$ for writing this, but FYI I personally think this stereotype is total bull. It really ticks me off when my own parents look at me strange when I listen to a Japanese song or something, or how any of my friends think I'm crazy for watching it!

I think it may be because of the general lack of respect for anime in America that this hideous stereotype exists in the first place. So please don't accuse me of being racist or anything, I'm only stating the situation. All I'm really asking is if it really is strange for me to love Japanese culture in general, being who I am. For those of you who think it's more than a little odd, could you tell me why? No hard feelings, I'm genuinely curious to what you have to say. For those of you who agree with me and think the status quot at my community is terrible, I would like to ask you if you've ever been in a similar situation where doing something you love wasn't accepted in your race/ social status and how you handled it. Thanks, and thanks also for actually reading all this and responding, I wuv you for it!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 pm
i agree with you 100%. i hate the people who are so racist against little things like anime/japanese or gay/lesbian/bi. people who are racist and have so many stereotypes about little things just piss me off to no end and they think that they are so high and mighty that little things that they dont like have no right to be on this earth, and that just really makes me mad to where i want to punch them in the face or worse, litterally hurt them.

im 19 turning 20 this month and i still love anime. and honestly i dont want to grow up. anime is my life, and i got my friends into anime, and they like it too. i love anime, i love the japanese culture, i want to go to japan so bad. im studying japanese, so when i have enough money i can go sometime. my favorite animes are, FMA, Bleach, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh series (all of them), Pokemon, Deathnote, Moribito, and Inuyasha. and you should add me as a friend cause we both love the same thing, lol.  

vampires_cant_be_tamed20

Fee blanche

Shy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:27 pm
              Ughhh I Hate Stereotypes! I Reallyy Like Anime! But, If You Met Me You Wouldn' Think That. All The People I Hang Out With Hate Anime And Japenese Pop Culture. It Kinda Bugs Me Cause They Know I Like It, But They Still Talk Crap About It In My Face.

There Is A Whole Bunch Of People At My School Who LOVE Japenesse Pop Culture. None Of Then Are Nerds And None Are From Japan(etc). Their All Really Cool And Startd A Club For It. So I Don't Think It's Weird That You Like It.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:29 pm
Mean!Sterotype are AWFUL! I mean I am american and I love anime!So IDK what is so wrong with that! rolleyes  

eskimo kissses

Tipsy Conversationalist

The Main Floor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces