Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply Non-MW2 Related
The truth about love & hate with Black Ops.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Preschooler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:35 am
I think I've come to a conclusion.

Many seem to LOVE Black Ops, even more so than MW2.
Others? They seem to HATE Black Ops, for all it's worth.
Seeing from my personal experience and the many friends I know who play the game, I think I know part of the reason why.

REASON :

Everybody in Modern Warfare 2 who loved to :
Quickscope, Run with overpowered Shotguns, Camp in places with HARD TO REACH or only have one entrance, and the infamous unlimited Noob Tubers (with one man army or scavenger) now, as a majority, hate Black Ops.

Since Black Ops has leveled the playing field to where it's no longer a GREAT advantage if you noobtube, Quickscoping is made VERY much more difficult, and the ungodly switching Shotguns to being a PRIMARY instead of a godly Secondary, making sure there are MULTIPLE entrances to every building even on most 2nd Floors, and also making it so that claimores, noobtubes, and other helpful stuff in the past game does not replenish unless you die....pretty much makes your greatest friend in this game be the good 'ol bullets. Which was hardly the case in MW2.

People who used to One Man Army Noobtube like crazy in MW2? Now suck in Black Ops.
People who used to be Quick Scope Champions? Now has to learn to be champions with the SMG's and/or Assault Rifles.

Let's not mention the taking out of Stopping Power, which made a pretty unfair disadvantage in MW2.

Black Ops has pretty much answered to the prayers of people like me, who ran around with SMG's, furious everytime I would be doing good, and then get bombarded with a team of noobtubers and RPG'ers. Though I hate how Killstreaks don't build up upon each other, or that they no longer have my G18's Akimbo and UMP45, or my USP.45....I am pretty happy on how fair they've made the game, even though it pissed a bunch of MW2 fans off.

In my personal experience? TONS of people I play with in Black Ops suck, and winning isn't nowhere near as hard as it was in MW2. I think it's because I've been playing with SMG's for months on MW2, got really got at it, and it set me to an advantage on this game, lol.

But after all, these are all just my opinions, what do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:41 pm
I don't think I can wait till christmas to get black ops and halo reach D:
Sounds like too much fun now quickscoping is gone and noobtubes are weaker.  

Brother Dave

O.G. Noob

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:48 pm
I never saw a problem with quickscoping, but did they have to go all the way making sniping twice as hard. I try to snipe but I'm usually outgunned. Shotguns are fine being a primary but I still find it annoying when I takes 3 SPAS-12 shells to kill an enemy at point blank range, or having enemies knife you when you unload your shotgun into them. Even though stopping power is gone, it feels like they made you die much faster to compensate for it. Other than that Black Ops is great but I miss my MW2 guns.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:52 am
i was good at mw2 and i used my guns like you are supposed to but now it seems that one bullet to me kills me instantly but the other players need a whole magazine in them to die. Another reason i hate black ops is the fact that you can shoot someone in the head fifty times and not get a hit maker.Finally the final reason is that the spawns are so f@@@ed up that it spawns you in a fire zone or right in frount of the opposite team my opinion is that treayark better fixed this already broken game this game for me was a major let down  

Renji Abarai The Great

4,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sad or high or both

Sparkly Sex Symbol

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:02 pm
Black ops is crap compared to it's predecessor. Treyarch sux. West and Zampella are making a new shooter and everyone's going to forget COd if they don't step it up. You can be getting shot by someone and shooting back and your bullets just don't show. Then you won't register any damage and just die-WTF?!? No bias treyarch really let me,personally down. That's not call of duty. I won't even capitalize it because it's underserving of it. Quickscoping is too hard and it takes for ever to kill. My cousin said he got hit in the FINGERTIPS with a tomahawk and died. FTW? Noob tubing can even be countered now, it's now a majority since it's so EASY to die.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:09 am
The ONLY thing I didn't like about Black Ops is the leaderboards. I just can't show off the same way I use to with my friends. But, it makes it less tense worrying about your ratio dropping in games that don't deal with getting the highest kills.

After I saw that getting ratios more than 2 was too average I just got bored of the game. By brother plays it with his friends on Zombie mode. WHich could be split-screened. Oh how I love splitscreen. Black Ops did not Fail. The players did. Over and over again.  

AntiGuardian

pure seyelance

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:05 am
i think mw2, like everything in it, just totally checked out about, a couple months before black ops came out. it just got so, rediculous to play it, borderline impossible. black ops seems evened though, from what i hear, nope, i have to wait for santy claws to bring it to me on the 25th

on another note, theres basically a sister to this guild, the official black ops guild, which, we all know that 9/10 of everyone in here probably doesn't like modern warfare 2 anymore, or got black ops,..so check that out if you got black ops already

this has been sliced seyelance from seyelant studios, and i approve the sniping community

Non-MW2 Related

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games