Reply Bible Questions and Debating
I listen to mettall... is that bad???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr Baton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:22 pm
Guys, i am a fan of light metal music and heavy rock... There is some talk of death, but mostly its of sadness of trying to forget others... Is that all against Catholicism?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:59 pm
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩
personally i think it's really no problem. if you like the music, then hear it. (:
there are other styles of music where you can hear worse lyrics. heh

John Paul II used to say something like "we need young saints who wear jeans and listen to whatever music and see whatever movies and etc..." oh i dunno the sentence, but this is more like what he meant...

Just remember Saint Augustine. His great sentence was as simple as this: "LOVE, and do what you want."  

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:01 pm
I'm not Catholic, so I don't know their rules. But I do know it's not a bad thing to listen to metal if you're a Christian.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:07 pm
The type of music isn't an issue. What the words are talking about is. There are many metal bands that I know of that talk about positivity, love, kindness, justice, and spreading God's love. You don't have to listen to dark lyrics in order to be a fan of metal.  

Wishboxx

Ametrin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:26 am
Yeah I wouldn't say it's okay for a Christian to listen to anti-Christian lyrics or lyrics against Christian morals. But the type of music itself is just a matter of personal taste and feeling.
There are also Christian metal bands smile I like specially Narnia, Divinefire, Harmony, Treasure Seeker, Wisdom Call.
And among secular bands, there are also some that have positive lyrics, specially in power metal (my most favourite subgenre smile ) - Freedom Call and similar.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:39 pm
Thanks yasll (The preist i asked said the same thing lololol  

Mr Baton

Bible Questions and Debating

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas