Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars
Stargate Universe, Eureka, Fringe, The Walking Dead.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anyone Currently watching these TV shows?
Yes
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No, and have no intention of doing so (Sad Face if you pick this)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
I have, but not right now
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
I haven't, but I'm going to
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:21 am
Anyone here watch these shows? Well, I have, and I'm currently watching my way through most of them, and I'm wondering how many of the Furries on here have watched or ARE watching them?

Right now, The Walking Dead and SGU are my favorites, and Fringe is starting to heat up. Eureka so far, with the whole "everything's different because we messed up the past" is also looking good, but I hate how long its been since the last new Episode.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:46 pm
Seriously people? no one here has seen these shows? Come on, I know I'm annoying, but please don't ignore me!  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

SnorlaxPunk

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:28 am
I thought I was over zombies, until The Walking Dead rejuvenated my love for these undead nightmares and the survivors that must fight to survive against them. This show is amazing, have a good balance of drama, human emotions, and of course zombie killing action. I am itching for the next episode, to learn what happens to the group of the survivors at the next pit stop of this road into hell.

Did I mention I love The Walking Dead?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 am
you have. I like The Walking Dead because it isn't a "Can Humanity Fight them Off" sorta Zombie show... the zombies have already won. I DID find it odd that tanks apparently got taken down by zobies.... that part I find odd, but so far its looking great. Cannot wait to see what happens inside the CDC now that the crew is there.

Anyone here pumped for the next episode of SGU, coming in the new year? or Fringe?  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

YingBlanc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:14 am
i'm watching Eureka which the season finished in England, but to fill it i watch Warehouse 13, anybody here watch that? i don't watch anything else on the list you gave me though  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:18 am
I haven't seen any of them because I don't really watch tv much anymore XP

I'll Probly try them out sometime but lately ivr been to busy.  

Hogosha neko

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:29 pm
YingBlanc
i'm watching Eureka which the season finished in England, but to fill it i watch Warehouse 13, anybody here watch that? i don't watch anything else on the list you gave me though

I've seen the episode of Eureka in which a member of Warehouse 13 is brought in, but I can;t say I've actually watched the show itself... guess I need to watch Warehouse 13 as well.... I probably should get into watching Sanctuary as well....  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:13 pm
Okay, after watching through the frist two seasons of Sanctuary, I have to say its odd seeing Amanda Tapping working with other people from the Stargate Universe in a Non-Stargate show.... so far, there's been the actor for Carson Beckett, Daniel Jackson, I'm pretty either Jack the Ripper or Bigfoot are the same guy who did the Wraith Todd in Stargate Atlantis, And I'm pretty sure I'm missing a couple of people. Its just odd to see her working with the people who she spent a decade of her life making a T.V show on, and all without her Stargate Sg-1 cheer.

By the way, anyone find Nikola Tesla in the show funny as hell?

"What just...happened?"
"Well, essentially, the inventor of the radio just dissed Jack the Ripper"  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:42 am
I love The Walking Dead, Eureka, and Warehouse 13. But since I don't have a tv at my house, I don't get to watch them very often.... T.T It sucks a**.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:34 am
Jonstalker62
I love The Walking Dead, Eureka, and Warehouse 13. But since I don't have a tv at my house, I don't get to watch them very often.... T.T It sucks a**.

You can download the complete series at The Pirate Bay website (www.thepiratebay.org)... there are also sites online were you can watch actual T.V channels free of charge.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:37 am
No internet at home either... we're pretty low tech. I don't get much time to do it at school either.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:48 am
Jonstalker62
No internet at home either... we're pretty low tech. I don't get much time to do it at school either.

s**t... you serious? How the HELL does one not have either T.V OR Internet access? I mean, you can get Internet over a phoneline... shitty internet, but internet, regardless.  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

MR HIGH COMMAND

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:55 am
walking dead is the best show out there i think, but it has all this extra stuff that wasnt in the comic series but i like some of the extra stuff. havent really watched stargate after sg1 , never heard of those other shows but i like dr.who and the new gundam unicorn series  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:14 pm
I dislike Gundam with a vengeance, simply because its a bastardization of the BattleTech concept.... for one, you'd never use goddamn swords with 'Mecha, except in extremly close ranged combat, and by the time you could close to grappel with a opponent, to get into sword range, he'd have more than enough time to riddle you with shells or vaporize you with energy weapons.... the Japanese thing with the whole "honor' concept always screws a series and a concept. I saw the first couple episodes, and laughed my a** off- Mecha in space? hardly. Mecha might be deployed to Low G enviroments, like the surface of a airless moon, or MAYBE used in the ConstructionMech role to build something in orbit, but not to actually fight in open space- thats what missiles, fighters, gunboats, and actual naval units would be used for- 'Mecha are GROUND units, with possibility of a few convertable 'mecha, IE the Valykries from StarCraft 2. As I said, it makes no sense, and has no real reason for it to be so.

The name too turned me off.... Gundam Unicorn? puhleeze...

Anywho, my ruthless examination of Guncrap (heh) aside, I've watched my way through the entirety of Eureka, and I have to say, its great; a near perfect blend of humour and action. Warehouse 13 is awesome too, and I like the funny bits quite a bit. SGU has currently ended in a rather annoying cliffhanger, but at last some action! Cannot wait to see how the crew of the Destiny gets outta their current fix, and what they do about the Ursinee treachery.

Sanctuary in my opinion has gotten....wierd, with the whole Hollow Earth thing ( I liked how the "Hologram" city had a Self Destruct system that was one of the buildings, but why use a Particle Accellerator for the singular purpose of blowing up? little wierd there) but I'm curious to see where it all leads.

I'm currently watching my way through SG-1. I just finished the "Replicator" part of the series, and am on the beginnings of the "Ori" part of the series. I just finished the Episode "Camalot" in fact. With that, I'm signing off... and I want to see if anyone can figure out which episode of SG-1 these quotes are from, and what Danial Jacksons reply is to the Ori quote is. (Hint. Its the last episode of a season, and its one of the Ori seasons)

"I only count four ships"
"Its probably their first wave."
"We should see what we can do to discourage a second one"
"Sir. I'm recieving a message from one of the Ori ships, text only."
'What does it say?"
"and those who are prideful, and refuse to bow down, shall be laid low, and made unto dust..."  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out