Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Blasphemy!!!! or...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bidd No Roe

4,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:56 pm
One hell of an Idea.
What if they take our favorite oldies and redo them? Before anyone bites my head off. They will have the same story and characters except have topnotch graphics, voice acting, and be multiplatform. I would love to play FFVIII without having to drag out my playstation (yes i still own one). I would love to see my favorite characters in todays graphics.

So what do you guys think? Please discuss.

PS don't bite of my head... its just a thought.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 am
I think it's gonna happen, have you ever played "4 heroes of light"? it's like playing an old title but it has a better combat system and not-so-amazing graphics but at least they improved it a lot with a 3d enviroment, I think they're gonna do the same with other titles. and of course, I also love FF8, I wish someday they make a new version of that game, I just can't imagine a voice acting for Rinoa, Zell, Irvine, Quitsis, Selphie, and the other chars, and improved graphics, new features, more enemies and better Guardian Force system, I mean summoning them just like on FFX whee  

Kameno Raida

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Rededzee

3,950 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:34 pm
No.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:35 pm
While I support the notion of remaking the older generation Final Fantasies, I do not support your idea.

The reason being, is that it takes away from the experience of the game. I, sadly, do not own a copy of Final Fantasy IV for the SNES. I do own the DS and Playstation ports. What I have noticed from each game, is that things get added and changed along the way. Since when was Namingway a rabbit-like creature who searched perilously across the planet for different occupations? Since when did Fat Chocobo do anything but devour and regurgitate your items when you didn't need them? Things have changed from just the Playstation port to the DS port, and I fear that more Final Fantasies will obtain these 'small' changes that 'enhance the entertainment'.

Also, the graphics add a bit of uniqueness to the game. Inviting a friend over and pulling out your dusty and dingy NES to play the original Final Fantasy is most likely something foreign to your friends. They may just remember seeing the smooth features and graphics of the new and improved Monk, Fighter, and the Red, White, and Black mages in the new Playstation, DS, and PSP ports. Watching them dance across a huge patch of green 'grass' with a hideous black box in the bottom of the screen should be something that every Final Fantasy gamer should smile at.

I do understand that moving the classics onto different ports would be a good idea. Maybe gamers and Final Fantasy fanatics are unable to access many of the games because of region difficulties or just the fact that they are unable to obtain a system that carries a specific game. That is understandable, and with that, their graphics must be updated. But who ever tires of trying to figure out what BlkDrgn means when a black and grey blob appears on your screen amidst the search for a random battle?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't support the moving games onto different ports just because of their higher graphics. I'd support it because it makes earlier games even more accessible than they were before.  

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Tempted Rogue Angel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:54 pm
Honestly, I support your idea.
I don't have a SNES so i couldn't play the original FFIV but since it was remade for the DS, I could play it. Now it's one of my favorite Final Fantasies. I think it's good that they remake games for more modern systems. It gives people a chance to enjoy older games. biggrin  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games