Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
I'm not dead lol

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hooray for tech-savvy friends
  iknowrite?
View Results

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:06 am
Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I just got a new computer actually; my friend built it for me. There are still some wrinkles to iron out with this thing, though.

How's everyone been!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:55 pm
Awesome. Sometimes, computers you build at home are better than pre-fab. whee You just gotta make sure all the parts work together.

Me, I've been sick and working. And trying to develop some xmas spirit. Haven't been in the holiday mood lately.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:19 pm
Hey purple! I can relate to your lack of xmas spirit. I haven't been in that mood for a few years myself actually. As for being sick, have you been getting better at least?

The major problem I'm having with my new computer is that it randomly likes to go all exorcist on me. It does a pretty visual mess-up and then restarts. The minor problem is the speakers not working but I know my friend will fix that in a jiffy.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:31 pm
heart heart YAY for not being dead! heart heart  

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Tybarious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:10 pm
*snipes iakun* now he is hehe twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 pm
I think I'm getting better. It's hard to tell sometimes. xp

Sounds like a couple of your parts aren't working together right. Something is incompatible with something else. Dude might have an idea. I'll poke him.

EDIT: Dude doesn't want to get on gaia today. eek But he said that it's most likely your video card. You can check to see if the monitor is the problem by switching it out, but he thinks the best bet is the vid card.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:18 pm
Yeah, sounds like the video card.

Especially sence you said that it would restart your computer after the video glitch.

Mine once restarted just because I was running a program that was TOO graphics intensive for it at that setting. I had to up date the drives to fix the problem.

But sence it doesn't just freeze, and scrambles the screen, I'd say it's not compatable with something else you have, or it's just a bad card.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:20 pm
Fixed. Computer's alright now. lol

Thanks for the sniping Ty. x_x

And Hi Rinioa!  

Iakun

Tybarious

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 pm
Your welcome ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:52 pm
hello and that is nice. My friend and I watched tv shows about christmas. We studied for final exams and test  

Sweetkitty

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:09 pm
Iakun: Glad to hear it!
What was the problem?
(just because I was sure)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 pm
@Sweetkitty: Hooray christmas tv shows. My sister loves those classics like that rudolph movie that is not claymation but... done in that style... if that makes any sense. sweatdrop

@dude: Guess what, the problem didn't go away lol My friend came over today and we had to look much deeper into the files affected and we traced it to something related to the ethernet, and a file that woudl go buggy due to this program installed with drivers for the video card.

We fiddled with suggested solutions so now it's a wait and see game.  

Iakun

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm
Every time you fix something on a computer, you have to wait and see. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:07 am
Iakun: Yeah, those old shows are still good.
So it did have to do with the video card and it's drivers. (thought so)
Uug, I hate that game.  

xwhateverxdudex

Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces