Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Awesome Indie Game Pack For Charity! (Pay Whatever. Or Not) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:20 pm
LightsideDarksider
I don't mean to deprive these kids of the wonders of video games, but aren't these donations supposed to be going towards, I don't know, developing cures?
Yeah, you heartless monster. How can you waste your resources on video games while kids are dying?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:25 pm
[Kegan]
LightsideDarksider
I don't mean to deprive these kids of the wonders of video games, but aren't these donations supposed to be going towards, I don't know, developing cures?
Yeah, you heartless monster. How can you waste your resources on video games while kids are dying?

I know, right? I shouldn't be buying video games. I should be saving children. But I'm not going to...because I hate children, sick or otherwise.

Note for the slow: I was being sarcastic about hating sick children  

Sir Codin

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Oh man, I believe it, white text.

The healthy ones are the worst.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:55 pm
I did it and as I downloaded the games I saw the name "Penumbra." gonk  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:30 am
Meta_Fish
I did it and as I downloaded the games I saw the name "Penumbra." gonk
Yeeeeaaaaah.... I think I'll pass on that game. *deletes game*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:35 am
Machinarium is probably my favorite. I hate Aquaria, and had a lot of trouble jumping in Gish.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:05 am
LightsideDarksider
A cure won't be ready in their shortened lifetimes anyways, regardless of how much money you pump into it. Don't you want to make their struggle a bit more tolerable?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:31 am
******** THOSE KIDS.

...I'm donating all my proceeds to NAMBLA.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:50 am
Allegro
LightsideDarksider
A cure won't be ready in their shortened lifetimes anyways, regardless of how much money you pump into it. Don't you want to make their struggle a bit more tolerable?

You've got a point there. It's just, with all the money people have pumped into these charities and researches for eons, one would think there'd be swift, effective cures for these kinds of diseases by now.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:36 am
You should become a scientist to find out why they haven't.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Allegro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:36 pm
LightsideDarksider
Allegro
LightsideDarksider

You've got a point there. It's just, with all the money people have pumped into these charities and researches for eons, one would think there'd be swift, effective cures for these kinds of diseases by now.
That's not how science works. Cures have to be tested and refined for years before any human testing can be used, and THAT testing leads to further refinement. It's a long, arduous process, one that is of little help to those with immediate need.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:23 am
Allegro
LightsideDarksider
Allegro
LightsideDarksider

That's not how science works. Cures have to be tested and refined for years before any human testing can be used, and THAT testing leads to further refinement. It's a long, arduous process, one that is of little help to those with immediate need.

Yeah, you're right. God, I of all people should know that. Sorry, I've just been way too cynical for way too long.  

Sir Codin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:01 am
Man, who cares. Just let the kids have their DSes. That's what I'd want as a kid, terminally ill or not.

For some reason people paying nothing doesn't bother me at all though. I mean, that's what happens when you offer anything for free. At least it's not being pirated that way.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff