Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars
Decadent Shrimp Lasagna and Disaster Relief Chocolate Cake

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which sounds better?
  Shrimp lasagna, duh.
  Mmmm chocolate caaaaaaake.
View Results

Micarst

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 am
Decadent Shrimp Lasagna

I tripped across this yesterday... it's one of those delicious things I couldn't pass up trying. Hopefully someone will test it out and tell me I am not crazy, and it really is good!

You will need:

1 lb small precooked shrimp, minus tails and veins, cut in half
2 alfredo sauce jars (or about 4 cups homemade alfredo sauce)
1 and 1/2 cups cottage cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 8oz block of softened cream cheese (low fat works fine)
16 oz oven ready lasagna noodles
1 can diced tomato or 1 fresh diced tomato
2/3 cup diced bell pepper - red or yellow for awesome flavor
1/3 cup chopped spinach leaf
1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
1 tsp minced garlic

1. Set oven at *350.

2. Mix parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, minced garlic and diced tomato together. (Make sure there aren't any clumps of parmesan cheese.) Set aside.

3. Mix shrimp, half the bell peppers, cream cheese, and 1/2 jar (or 1 cup) of alfredo sauce together. Set aside.

4. Now mix 1/2 jar (1 cup) of the alfredo sauce with the rest of the bell peppers; blend in the spinach leaves and Italian seasoning. You guessed it, set aside.

5. Pour about 1/2 jar (or 1 cup) alfredo sauce into baking pan, spread evenly. Place lasagna noodles with sides touching atop sauce. Spread about half the parmesan mix next. Place noodles, then the entire bowl of the shrimp mixture (evenly spread), and more noodles. Pour the last of the alfredo sauce atop that layer along with the rest of the parmesan mixture. Place noodles, and top with the spinach-y sauce. (If the sauce looks a little thin on top, don't be alarmed- the noodles shouldn't get dry with a nice tight seal of aluminum foil.)

6. Bake for an hour, then allow to cool for ten minutes before removing the aluminum foil to serve. Enjoy!

Suggestions from the originator: Adding a light coat of olive oil to the pan can help keep the noodles from adhering to the bottom... to save time, use a blender to chop the shrimp and the bell peppers... if you can find it, ricotta cheese is a superior replacement for cottage cheese... put a rectangular cookie pan on the bottom rack of the oven to catch any potential drips, because it will probably overflow a bit... DON'T poke steam holes in the aluminum foil! =D

-----------------------------------------------------------

Disaster Relief Chocolate Cake

This is the most incredible home-made chocolate cake I have ever tasted. The only thing that could possibly make this better is catching it while it's still slightly juicy in the middle (timing is somewhat off on the recipe). I wanted to share this guilty pleasure with anyone and everyone.

PS: Hope you have better luck resisting deep dark velvety chocolate than I did! *pats stomach*

Oven temp @ 350*
Grease cake pan with butter or Crisco, then coat very lightly with flour. Tap excess flour out of the pan.
Sift these DRY ingredients into a large mixing bowl with a fork:

2 cups All purpose flour
3/4 cup Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 tsp Salt
1 & 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 & 1/2 tsp Baking soda
2 cups Granulated sugar

In another large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the following WET ingredients:

1/2 cup Vegetable oil or melted butter
2 tsp Vanilla extract
3 Medium eggs, or 2 Large + 2 tsp mayonnaise
1 cup Milk
1 cup Black brewed coffee

Add the DRY mix into the WET stuff about 1/3 of the bowl at a time to avoid excessive clumping. Stir together until completely moistened, tiny lumps are ok. Pour into prepared pan. Now, if you want, is the time to sprinkle a few chocolate chips across the top; make sure they sink so they don't burn.

Bake time is approximate, check at 30-35 minutes. (Stick a toothpick or butter knife in the middle; if it's totally done, they'll come out clean.) You may need to let the cake go back in for an extra few minutes.

Let it cool completely if you decide to put icing on it, but frankly, this cake is so delicious it needs no further embellishment!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:35 pm
I could eat the shrimp without the lasagna, but it is all good all together.  

Kashinami-chan

Micarst

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 am
So you tried it? ^ ^
It's a family favorite around here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:10 am
INSERT RANDOM WHALE p***s HERELOL  

Takashi_The_Dragon

3,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Micarst

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:22 am
Okay. o.o

By clicking on this link to view this photo of whale p***s, you agree that you are 18 years of age or older. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:33 am
Wow so that's wat a wells p***s looks like. Who'd of known.  

WOLFCRAZED

3,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Signature Look 250

Blackhole_girl06

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:35 pm
where did u find those recipes they sound interesting  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:16 pm
Both sound really good 3nodding  

PaladinCat

Moonlight Werewolf

Micarst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 pm
I actually found them in an old recipe jar my mom gave me. I don't remember her ever making either of them- or most of the other stuff in the jar actually- but she likes simple dishes, so that's probably why!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:25 pm
All items listed on this page sound extremely delicious! xp  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas