Reply Classical Musicians Guild
Anna Karkowska

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gjornia X

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 am
May God have mercy on my soul as I fan the maddening flames. Has anyone heard of her, yet? I found out about her on the blog of the creator of V.com. Her technique and intonation is good, but her vibrato which sounds like that of an 18th century virtuoso with a cold, saddens me.

Don't get me wrong, her vibrato is a legit technique commonly used by electric violinists to emulate "distortion" by electric guitarists, but its rampant use by Ms. K is to my ears nauseating. Her Youtube video has been given an "Orwellian" treatment as described by one v.commer--all the negative comments have been removed leaving only positive ones that can't even be seen because they've received so many thumbs down. (Big Brother, much?)

Aside from her unusual vibrato there is nothing that seems to make her stand out. And everything to me is just questionable, like the composer who wrote the atonal concerto for her, and what about the facial expressions of the performers of the LSO--what's going through their mind;, and that poor violinist vouching for Ms. K who might be losing credibility with each view for his endorsement.

But those are my views. Watch the videos, click on the funny parodied videos (like the Fellowship of Anna Karkowska). Share your thoughts.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:13 pm
My friends and I discovered the video that she made with her sister. Aside from their (unfortuantely) laughable English with comments such as "we're real sisters, not fake", she's really not that outstanding. And there is something very off about that vibrato of hers indeed...  

eeelastic9

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150

mistorious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:38 pm
I don't think I laughed more before watching I think it was born of lightning? I truthfully can't take her seriously because of the vibrato, she has very good technique, but still...  
Classical Musicians Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games