Welcome to Gaia! ::

◇ Xtreme Skilled Knights ◇

Back to Guilds

An army of many is more powerful than an army of one. 

Tags: everything, anime, poetry, clan, gold, fun, knights, skilled, RP, games, music, advice, vending, webcasts, booty grab, contests, art, music, zOMG, Wii, Xbox, Playstation, PC 

Reply Ancient Library____________-__________Guild Archives
Thrill of the Hunt (A Monster Hunter Tri RP) ACCEPTING PROS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of the Light9283

8,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:36 pm
For those of you unaware...
Monster Hunter is a series quite popular in Japan. It originated on the PS2, and came to the Wii in 2010 (and became popular in America) with Monster Hunter Tri. The goal is simple: hunt monsters without getting killed, then use the materials they drop to make better weapons and armor to hunt even bigger monsters.

Sounds like a good rp idea, no?

Ground rules:
1. NO GODMODDING.
2. Basic Monster Hunter rules apply: You have to go out on quests to hunt monsters. Only four hunters may go out on a quest at a time. Three 'deaths'(deaths are when the hunter runs out of hp and is taken back to the base) per quest. Deaths are shared (if Hunter X dies twice and Hunter Y dies once, the quest is failed).
3. Material gathering and capturing will be done via a random number (Ex. a weakened Diablos is caught in a shock trap. Hunter X gets a 30. The capture numbers were 1-30. Diablos is caught.)
4. Monsters are controlled by one member of the quest. That monsters health is determined by the monster leader. Health and damage must be reasonable.
5. Basic rp ettiquette.
6. All Monster Hunter Tri monsters are in here. That is ALL. (No Fatalis, no Lao-shun, etc.)
Profiles will be made on a separate page to come. Only information is needed; power and the like is determined by the weapons and armor of the hunter.
7. Have Fun!
Submit profiles here: Profiles

Notes:
-Even though this is a RP of the online-mode, Ceadeus will still be available for battle(event quest).
-Event quests and Arena quests will be handled by me. They will be posted on this page. You can only join in an event/arena quest thats available at the time. If the quest becomes unavailable while you are doing it, you can still finish it.
-Event items are always gotten from event quests. Coins of the specific monster are also always gotten. Pinnacle/Hunter King coins have a 50/50 chance of being acquired (roll die).

Percentages for carves/gathers coming soon  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:15 pm
Nina walked out of the forest from her latest battle with a cyclops (she had won with only a scraped elbow.) and into a small town village called Moga. It looked to be a small farming community that had one 1 place she wanted to go, the quest counter.  

tealflower1928

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Neo Nagareboshi

Neo walked along Moga village, as he was just given his forst sword and shield by his father, since his father was proud of his son wanting to become a great hunter and bring honor to their family. Neo boasted the strength enough to become a hunter, as he could carry really large fish, and though he didn't look very muscly, he was strong. He carried his Iron sword and shield around, and stood in front of the quest counter to see if someone would come with his on his first mission to defeat a Great jaggi.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 pm
When she got there she noticed someone else there as well. "hi" She said vrather bluntly. "im Nina, looking for a quest partner?"  

tealflower1928

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Neo Nagareboshi

Neo looked at this strange girl that had just approached him, looking for a partner to fight with. He raised his eyebrow, and first asked , as he he the sword on his back crossed by his back "And who are you exactly?" he asked calmly, while tilting his body towards her. He didn't want to go with any starngers, so he would first have to meet her for them to go on a mission together after that against a Great Jaggi.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:32 pm
Nina looked at him and then said knowing that he didnt trust her (she didn't blame him) "I told you I'm Nina Lelarange, the monster hunter that is willing to be your monster butt kicking partner."  

tealflower1928

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:39 pm

Neo raised his eyebrow yet again at her, as he wondered Butt kickng partner? I haven't even gone to my first monster quest yet... he said in his mind, as he then answered to the girl "Well, I'm going to hunt a Great Jaggi, and my name is Neo Nagareboshi. I have one Pitfall Trap, 10 Paintballs, 1 Shock Tap, and 8 Tranq bombs. How about you?" he asked with a small smile as he tilted his head to the side, wearing his strange coat.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:45 pm
Nina smiled a little then laughed in her head. She could tell he was confused about something, she read people really well. "I have 16 v2 arrows, 2 shock taps, 1 pitfalls, and 5 flashbombs." She answered him with a little bigger smile and rocked back and forth on her feet from heel to toe with her hands clasped behind her, a bad habit of hers.  

tealflower1928

R0bot0
Crew

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 pm
(Remember that this RP is based on the game. Which means you can't carry more than one pitfall trap or one shock trap, and there are no such things as grenades. Unless of course you mean flash bombs, which you can only carry 5. So edit that post please. Also specify which type of arrow you have, if they're normal v1 normal v2 or normal v3)

Neo looked at this young girl confused, as she seemed quite confident in herself, even though she didn't specify anything and looked rather unprepared to him at all for anything. He watched as she swung back and forth, and couldn't help but be puzzled, wondering Is she even prepared for this shizz?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:56 pm
(i have to go sorry bout to fall asleep its 2 am which is making me write things from other rps... night)  

tealflower1928

FoxSwap

Romantic Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:09 pm
Walking in while holding his great sword. Kitsune looked around the Guild. Seeing a girl and a older man, waved at the both of them. "It nice to see some new blood around" But Looking a the older man closer. It was an old friend. "Long time no see!" Putting down the Greatsword to hum him.  
Ancient Library____________-__________Guild Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games