Welcome to Gaia! ::

RoseSoul Tribe

Back to Guilds

this guild will be a community of RPing, Debate/Discussion, Art/Litterature, Contests and Fellowship. 

Tags: roleplaying, fantasy, contests, music, occult 

Reply RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum
Can Cabbage Save The World?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:24 am
I actually started following this guy because he was producing a hilarious blog commentary on the Twilight book. In this little mini-arc, Alex goes to Zambia. If you've ever been skeptical about sponsoring a child in Africa, then this cabbage is for you!

More Cabbage

The Next Piece of Cabbage  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:43 am
That's just cool...

I do the one-time donations, usually about every other year, but I never really thought it ws doing much good. I feel a little better now.

As for the last video... in the last couple seconds... when they focus on a chicken, and the girl says, "I found a chicken".... it kinda sounds creepy to me. It sounds almost like an EVP off of one of those ghost shows...  

Eltanin Sadachbia
Crew

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 am
**shrug** They're English. mrgreen

But it is encouraging. I'm always the skeptical sort--"If they air such long commercials, how much of my donation actually makes it to the kids and how much goes to advertising?" "What about the parents and guardians? Don't they get anything to eat or is this a fundraiser for orphans-to-be only?" "Could they have found a more pathetic kid to tug at my heart strings?"--but this is very reassuring. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:18 pm
Thank you very much for sharing, smile i am watching them all LOL as my computer allows. But yes, cabbage saves the world....

Also for anyone interested in the program here's a direct link

World Vision

Here's a donation page, with varied amounts of money, ect.

gifts  

shandrel

Romantic Lover

4,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:00 pm
I have been wary of sponsorship programs all my life (especially children's international). this makes me happy to see. it helps me see that a decent amount of sponsorship oney gets through... I still think it could be better, but yeh.  
RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games