R4 emulating Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:46 pm
Yeah, that is from a section referring to game emulation.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:18 pm
[Kegan]
Yeah, that is from a section referring to game emulation.
games are jsut software, dos is software now, anyone using it as an OS is trying to stop skynet.  

Xilo The Odd

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:25 pm
I was never a big fan of Terminator, but isn't that a good thing?

But anyway, if I made a thread asking how to run wine, which emulates windows on macs, I would not be banned. That is because emulation does not imply piracy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:33 pm
though it is a common use, so if your not a pirate, ignore me, cause i just want to grill people for being pirates, being one myself previously.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:37 pm
I'm not trying to pirate anything, nor did i mean to start a argument...all i wanted to do is learn more about dos-type homebrew stuff...I asked around and found out that the ds can only emulate an 80286....i'm happy that at least i have a working program....i'm not asking for anything, but do you know any homebrew that also uses the RAM expansion for the DS?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:42 pm
wait theres a ram expansion? is it third party or did nintendo make it?  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:57 pm
A company named opera worked with nintendo to make an internet browser for the ds (which just kinda sucks) and it came with a ram expansion for the gba slot. Every here and there i've seen programs that have an option to use the expansion. I think one is a facebook app, and if you have the expansion, you can chat on there supposedly. The expansion adds an extra 10 mb to the already 4 mb in the ds lite.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:08 pm
ah that'd be why i never heard much about it. its like the motion plus it just doesn't sound like its seeing much use.  

Xilo The Odd

Sir Foxx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 pm
i see...i guess its only real purpose is for the internet browser and not much else...I think the only other thing i saw that it would work for is DSLinux, which is confusing to use if you don't already us Linux. Also, does anyone know what would happen if you loaded the kernel for the r4 that is supposed to be for another version of the r4, like the r4i?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:21 pm
i would imagine compatability issues, and possibly it just not working. but i wouldn't know cause the only R4 i've seen is one that got shipped broken to my friend.  

Xilo The Odd

Vaettur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:21 pm
I don't think it's possible to fully emulate a complete OS on the DS, or any handheld really. I've tried things like Linux and vMac on my own DS but -even though the numbers don't lie and it should work in theory- it was really limited and slow. Emulation is just really hard to do, MsDos in particular. It's much easier to emulate the software released for dos, than actually emulate dos itself, like Doom, ScummmVM etc.

I know because i've been trying to find a decent solution myself but there just isn't any and i don't think there will ever be sadly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 pm
Hahahahahahahahaha! rofl

You're asking how to EMULATE a piece of hardware WITH SOFTWARE? wow,

K, picture it like this: Hardware is a piece of flesh (per se) and software is a thought. got it? k, can you make a thought into a piece of flesh? can you make a piece of flesh into a thought? not possible either way, same with emulating hardware with software. software won't put parts into a computer, will it? no, and hardware needs software to run, but can't technically put software into a pc. save a few pieces like the Processor, but they can't put software into anything alone.  

Dragynbane0292

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:53 pm
LPfan0292
Hahahahahahahahaha! rofl

You're asking how to EMULATE a piece of hardware WITH SOFTWARE? wow,

K, picture it like this: Hardware is a piece of flesh (per se) and software is a thought. got it? k, can you make a thought into a piece of flesh? can you make a piece of flesh into a thought? not possible either way, same with emulating hardware with software. software won't put parts into a computer, will it? no, and hardware needs software to run, but can't technically put software into a pc. save a few pieces like the Processor, but they can't put software into anything alone.
ok you sir are a moron for even thinking this closed mindedly.

how the ******** do you think they get handheld and console emulators to work? they emulate the special processors they use and processing methods they use so that the s**t works right.

don't believe me? read up in the Dolphin emulator forums, they ahve to emulate a couple different processors for the wii.

so shut it f**.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces