Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Telling your friend that your furry Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elegant R v-1

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:50 pm
It's not something that comes up in a conversation. And nobody really asks: "What are your interests?" Sitting someone down and telling it seems way too dramatic though. I'd say use a coming out of the closet approach. When all of your friends are together, interject it into the conversation. Quick, and any bad or good thing will happen right then.

Note that outside of your circle of friends people might use it against you, as it was afore mentioned about the low tolerance for furries.

Also, my friends seem to have the idea I'm a necrophilliac...dead people are nice and all but.....

Anyway, people don't seem to mind a lot of stuff(bipolarity, alleged insanity...) why not furries?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:22 pm
I love the looks I get when I'm walking/driving around in my Furry hat/Tail. The way I see it, Haters are always gonna hate so why not have some fun with them xp  

DungeonMastah

DFTBAlex

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 pm
Maybe next time they're teasing you about being into necrophillia, say something along the lines of "I'm into furries, guys, not corpses"?
That way it'll come into conversation in a light-hearted way, at least :)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:18 pm
If they don't like it, well, there's the cliff. nyuck nyuck nyuck  

hhahacool

post-beast

Animal Animal

27,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:25 pm
I have told all my friends I am a furry, they have no problem with it, they sometimes make jokes about it, but nothing hurtful, we all laugh together. If you think your friends are trustable and loyal, tell them c:  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:59 pm
My friends are usually like, "okay" when I tell them I'm a Therian. Except for my Therian friend. He and I chat about that stuff from time to time. He's a Mer Otherkin and I'm a jaguar. And I'm always so tempted to pull out the cat-eats-fish joke. cat_rofl I'm a terrible person.

I told my bro about my affinity for furries, and he was cool with it.  

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Snake coils

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:19 am
I think I am, I have been a snkae fan for years and started looking at furries for a few years, but I know I have had a liking to snake longer than a liking to furries. But ya I really like furry and anthro creatures. If anyone wants to PM role play some time feel free to send one, I do anything snake related.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:24 pm
The bulk of my friends are either furry themselves or have at least heard of the furry fandom. I get ragged on a little, but they know who I am and they accept me for who I am. Those who don't mind matter, and those who mind don't matter.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces