When you're learning Japanese..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Warabe no akuma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm
..make sure you know English first!
Practice your English vocabulary and study up on your grammar before forming a big commitment to learning Japanese! That's my first piece of advice.

Learning vowel pronounciation and Kana are the two best places to start. being able to recognize symbols really helps in the long run. Stroke order is also a big thing. If you don't know how to write a symbol correctly, you won't get anywhere.

Learning about Japanese Adjectives and Verbs take the longest. The Japanese grammar stucture is difficult to master, and you have to be able to not only learn the formal language, but the regular, every day language as well.

I have some website recommendations:
EuDict - This is a great site for figuring out the meanings to many words, not phrases. Just choose the languages, and you're all set.

Linguant - This is a good site for your most basic Japanese things. It has the two Kana alphabets, Cardinal and Ordinal numbers, brief descriptions on Japanese Adjectives and Verbs, as well as examples, common vocabulary words, and Japanese Proverbs and Sayings.

FlashCardMachine - This is a good site for, well, Flash cards! Haha. It is a good memory game if you're working with a buddy on Japanese.

Denshi Jisho - Recommended by Natoumi - This is a great website all around. It allows you to embed a search bar into your window. On Jisho, you can look up both Japanese and English words, as well as sentences [where it will show you each word in your search, in Kanji, and you can choose any word.] That word will then come up in Kanji, Kana, and you can switch it to Romaji as well. You can also choose Kanji Radicals and find a Kanji through that. It is an overall great and trustworthy site.

These next three are my personal Favorites. I use the above quite a bit, however, Tim's descriptions of Japanese are the best, whether you're a beginner or just refreshing your brain. These are all from timwerx.net.

1. A Bit of the Japanese Language

2. Japanese Adjectives

3. Japanese Verbs

As well as the above three, I recommend going to Tim's general website, he has put so many things up that would be at waste if no one used them. you can visit here. Enjoy~

I hope this helped.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:52 am
I'll check them out ^^ Thanks for the links smile  

Mejiriya

Warabe no akuma

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:38 pm
Not a problem. ^.^
I hope you like them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 pm
Might I also suggest a site?

Jisho: Not only can you look up words in English or Japanese and embed a search bar into your browser window, but you can look up sample sentences with words, look up individual kanji to understand their meaning, and even learn stroke order and what grade the kanji were taught in. When you look up a word, it comes up in hiragana or katakana beside the kanji, but if you don't know your kana yet, you can switch it to romaji until you've learned. You can also search for kanji by radicals, meaning if you see a kanji but can't copy/paste it, you can click on the parts in it and it will bring it up for you to look up. It's very useful!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

natoumi

CptnAdmiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:59 pm
Thanks a TON, man! I've been having trouble on my verbs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:23 am
natoumi - Yes, thank you! I had known of Jisho, but I had not been sure of what it was called, so I had not put it up. Thank you again, I shall add it to the main post.

UmaiPittsua - I'm glad it helped. ^^

Warabe no akuma

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:35 am
Thanks i will check them out on the weekend because i have tight schedule i have in real world. i will check out those sites. Friday i have class Monday i have meeting with my boss and Wednesday and Thursday im volunteering to help at a school thank. i Will check the site on the weekend.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:52 pm
Phoniex of Darkness - Alright, enjoy. [: It'll always be here for reference, so no worries. You can check them whenever you have time in that schedule of yours. ^^

Warabe no akuma

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:22 am
thank you sir. my schedule is hard for me to fit in. i have to go back to the basic lesson of my sensei have and read it and take notes and plus check out this website thanks.  
Japanese language

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games