Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAG-Really Awesome Guild *free contest over 1 mil in Prizes*

Back to Guilds

the ants go marching one-by-one, Hurrah! Hurrah! 

Tags: Cool, Zombies, Music, Friends, Awesome 

Reply "Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."
King Kong vs Godzilla who wins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

king kong
  godzilla
View Results

big jug hot cheese

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:46 pm
I say Godzilla because he has fire breath......  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:29 pm
I think it depends. Is it the Japanese design or the American?
In the case of King Kong the latest version would be an extremely formidable foe provided he could sneak up on Godzilla. Need I remind you how he slaughtered the Tyrannosaurs ? lol
American version tried to be somewhat realistic(realistic atomic lizard lol) so they really limited the atomic blasts but the Japanese version could fire relentlessly. Kong vs either version is screwed if he gets blasted even once I would say. Still, if he got his hands around Godzilla's neck first, it would be all over.
Interesting thought.
I see Kong as the underdog here.  

Fire 0ak
Crew

Buggy Mage

water_spirit
Vice Captain

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He's ******** screwed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 pm
Fire 0ak
I think it depends. Is it the Japanese design or the American?
In the case of King Kong the latest version would be an extremely formidable foe provided he could sneak up on Godzilla. Need I remind you how he slaughtered the Tyrannosaurs ? lol
American version tried to be somewhat realistic(realistic atomic lizard lol) so they really limited the atomic blasts but the Japanese version could fire relentlessly. Kong vs either version is screwed if he gets blasted even once I would say. Still, if he got his hands around Godzilla's neck first, it would be all over.
Interesting thought.
I see Kong as the underdog here.

Ha ha I try to get on king kong's side but I just can't manage it....
I'm pretty sure they made a movie on this topic though! MAybe I should watch it for research

I remember one black&white movie where they just played music to king kong and he went to sleep! I realise that Godzilla is unlikey to play music but this still seems like an exploitable weakness  

big jug hot cheese

John Obake
Captain

Heroic Smoker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 pm
Godzillas cooler anyway. Plus he's got like a socially conscious message and s**t. Whats king kong got? "Oh don't ******** with animals I guess." Thats a lame message. Also that he's got the hots for human chicks. The whole thing is way too close to furry.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:59 am
They say your average gorilla has the strength of about 8-15 men, possibly more. The average gorilla is about 5 ft tall. King Kong is usually portrayed to be 50ft tall. Staying in proportion, that would conclude that King Kong has the strength of roughly 130 men.

Godzilla has become increasingly tall over the years, but settling at around 267 feet. His strength is probably considered unmeasurable.

However T-Rex's have stubby arms and aren't very agile while gorillas show such a combination of strength and dexterity not seen in any other animal outside of the great apes.

Conclusion: It's a case of David and Goliath. King Kong wins.  

Megapixel Hero

Witty Genius

Akakia Blossom

Aged Gaian

13,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:02 pm
Agreed. Godzirra is the superior beast.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:16 pm
Pixel Eraser
They say your average gorilla has the strength of about 8-15 men, possibly more. The average gorilla is about 5 ft tall. King Kong is usually portrayed to be 50ft tall. Staying in proportion, that would conclude that King Kong has the strength of roughly 130 men.

Godzilla has become increasingly tall over the years, but settling at around 267 feet. His strength is probably considered unmeasurable.

However T-Rex's have stubby arms and aren't very agile while gorillas show such a combination of strength and dexterity not seen in any other animal outside of the great apes.

Conclusion: It's a case of David and Goliath. King Kong wins.
Finally somebody gets it!  

Fire 0ak
Crew

Buggy Mage

nannerbread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:13 pm
water_spirit
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He's ******** screwed.

rofl. this.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkFm0FpT3R0
Skip to 0:36.
He breaks it down pretty well....  

Kick-A Gallifrey

That Shroomin Stoner
Crew

Partying Smoker

13,075 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:07 pm
Godzilla ftw.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:57 pm
I could be wrong but didn't king kong grab godzilla by the tail and throw his a** into the ocean in a movie like 30 years ago?  

themightyfelixone

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200

Psychological S T D

Mewling Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:10 pm
Godzilla can shoot lasers too. Godzilla > King Kong  
"Be a man! We must be swift as the coursing river...."

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff