Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
astral?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:00 am
so i tried to 'astral' someone basically told me its the mental body projection version and told me to basically have a place in mind and then it'll come to u not the other way around but i tried that it didnt work too well
except i got some detailed sorta creepy nasty dreams.

the dreams i got last night were i was in this car with others going to some place where this dude supposedly killed his wife or somehting like that and his place was a mess and he seemed sorta bad but not too bad and the police were supposed to come or came later after or somehtign but there was the tv on the dude on his mattress in the same room and trash ont he floor some girl and him yelling or somehting and then the persons veiw i saw it from was some dude and he showed me a mirror after i called him a toad (it was more cinema like i dont think i made concious choices maybe subconcious choices though) and the my face in the dream,

i was sorta fat and the face one eye was deformed and mostly white with a red pupil and no other eye color and the right eye was half normal and he had skin that looke dlike a frogs almost but more darker color varience and had a slit on the back of his headand was mostly bald or somehtign then when i/he saw that he started laughing crazily then moved his hands a funky way

(the frog dude whos perspective i saw it from) and some blueish glow happened and th edude he was speakign to (the supposed killer) ended up beheaded and mutilated and he tried to turn him into a frog with his hands or something.

and the dream i had th enight before i dreampt i met with this girl that was tellign me how she killed me in a past life when we were together and she was acting real creepy and had some kinky restricting stuff i thought was for bdsm or somehtign but she used it to hold me in place while it cut me and she left me there to die or something,

but was still in the house and talkign to me and etc while it happened just let me bleed and starve i guess.

so exactly what i tried doing before thhese dreams happened was i was daydreaming before bed and trying to have it become vivid or somehtign but nothing would happen so i ended up fantasizing instead while half asleep then i got those wierd dreams.

but i notice when i tried to have the images come to me the videogame images ive played recently popped into my head so i think i need to stop videogames, ive already thought i needed to stop it but like, its winter its like id be doing nothing all day...

oh yeah i can just google stuff to learn if i want lol
but so far EVERY type of astral ive tried has failed yeah

once i got into REM while awake though and saw neon shapes/lines or hypnogogic images, which were also creepy lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:30 am
It takes lots of practice to project, and it's really common to fall asleep while trying to do it (especially if you're not practiced in things like meditation).

While I know it's possible to project without knowing how to meditate, the meditation-type route makes it far, far easier. Really, the simplest way to meditate is to sit quietly for 10 minutes and not get lost in thoughts or day dreams. If you can't sit quietly, then when you project (if you even get out), you'll either fall asleep or wake yourself up and you won't have enough time to go anywhere.

Once you get the sitting quietly down, then try the projection instructions again.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Tiger Lily Riverheart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:48 pm
I'll begin with cautionary note. First when dealing with the astral many dangerous things can happen. One should always proceed carefully otherwise one could end up in serious trouble. The astral realm is filled with other entities and some of those entities are not very nice, in fact some of those entities are down right wicked, and they will try to plague you. Second if your astral body becomes disconnected from your physical body, you may not be able to return to your physical body and your physical body could die. This is also why one should proceed carefully, and this is also why one should find a procedure, which is safe and works for one self. I can give you some basics but you're going to have to find out what works best for you.

I would suggest going into meditation before projecting astrally. While meditating ground into the earth by extending your roots into the earth until you reach your earth star chakra. Use this to draw up energy you need and push out excess or left over energy you don't need. This will also keep you rooted to your body when you project. From there I would align my chakras. By aligning your chakras you also help to keep your astral body connected to your physical body. Draw the energy up from the earth into each chakra until you are totally aligned. For this use whatever method works best for you. Once aligned I visualize a violet flame surrounding my body. This I make sure remains around my physical body and astral body, this way nothing can attack my physical body while I'm projecting, and my astral body remains protected as well.

At this point one can use whatever method is best for oneself to project. I visualize myself ascending into space. While doing this I visualize myself still attached to my physical body with a line going from my astral body's navel to my physical body's navel. Once in space I open up before me worm holes to where ever I choose to go.

Now before one begins to explore the many vast astral planes that exist, one might want to keep in mind that one can create one's own astral plane and in doing so become aquatinted with the astral in a controlled environment. This would allow one to become aquatinted with the astral plane without as many dangers as one would encounter otherwise. One must still proceed with care, but it is safer.

On another note, your dreams may indicate some things you need to work on. For myself I saw indications to issues that I find rather concerning. If you would like my opinion on your dreams message me and I will tell you.

Otherwise, I pray you journey safely.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:32 pm
from what ive heard of astral its not as dangerous if u believe its not, unless they lie cuz people are wusses and wouldnt try it otherwise lol so im not sure but i know itd affect at least psychologically if anything odd happens perhaps. and i messaged u and thanks for the advices and prayer.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:28 pm
I've noticed that if I fall asleep while trying to project I'm more prone to vivid dreams. I've never had any quite like the ones you've described (that I can recall) though. My advice is to keep trying to project. Fear will only hold you back.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 pm
I'm not saying be afraid, I'm saying be prepared. The astral can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. I've known people who were attacked on the astral plane. I've had to deal with a few wicked entities myself. They don't generally bother me now though because they know not to. In the astral you can call upon whatever ability you desire to get rid of them, its just a matter of being prepared.  

Tiger Lily Riverheart

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:48 am
ok, and im wondering about the dream interpretation. but i had a nice dream last night and i forgot it but now i feel loving lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:13 am
I think this is enough to turn me off Astral Projection for a while. XD  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:28 am
lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:18 am
hmm that was interesting i must say...

actually, i've never gone very far with astral projection... but it's still on my list to improve on... eventually. ^^

I had someone help me with this. =) and really, i don't like the feelings that come with it to achieve this. lol. sweatdrop It scares me... but it's also fascinating. But i'd try it again when i have time... 3nodding

Have you gotten better at it?  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:29 am
Sleeping Shrine Maiden

actually, i've never gone very far with astral projection... but it's still on my list to improve on... eventually. ^^

I had someone help me with this. =) and really, i don't like the feelings that come with it to achieve this. lol. sweatdrop It scares me... but it's also fascinating. But i'd try it again when i have time... 3nodding

nope XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:10 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Sleeping Shrine Maiden

nope XD

>.< it's okay... we'll all try to get better somehow.. 4laugh  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games