PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:53 pm
User Image
Arion the Pegasus

Marketplace listings:
User ImageArion the Pegasus

Arion the Pegasus's Were-pose:
User Image Arion the Pegasus (i am)

Description of Were-poses:
Arion the Pegasus (i am): It looks like a very small, black winged horse. It has green eyes, and a spiky black mane that has formed mostly on the top of it's head. The top of it's wings are a lighter gray than the rest of it's body.

Type:
Chance Item

Obtainment Method:
Arion the Pegasus is obtainable from Bitter Frost. To get Arion the Pegasus, the Chance Item (Bitter Frost) must progress through the following stages:
Bitter Frost -> Bitter Frost: Victory -> Arion the Pegasus.

Gaia's Description of Arion the Pegasus:
N/A

Counterparts:
N/A

Date first appeared on Gaia:
2010-12-08 (December 8, 2010)

Announcement Appearances:
Announcement #1: New Chance Item: Bitter Frost
Announcement #2: Bitter Frost is Melting Away!

References:
Arion the Pegasus is probably based on this Arion, who is described as "a divinely-bred, extremely swift immortal horse which, according to the Latin poet Sextus Propertius, was endowed with speech." Even though Wikipedia doesn't seem to mention whether it was black or had wings, other websites sometimes describe this same Arion as a black, winged horse that appeared before the more famous Pegasus (Arion also appears in the See Also section of the Pegasus page).

Glitches:
N/A

Gallery:
Arion the Pegasus GIF (the original link is broken, this is hosted on Photobucket, so it may show the redirect page)
Arion the Pegasus on the Bitter Frost Promo Page (in the middle, slightly to the right)
Arion the Pegasus in the Bitter Frost announcement (item number 20, the bottom left)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:31 pm
Some, including me believe that the black pegasus is based on the one that Perseus (Demi-god) rides in the films :3 Is my theory, could be based on the older one.  

Chiyo Akeno

Kangit
Captain

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:25 pm
Steel Crimson
Some, including me believe that the black pegasus is based on the one that Perseus (Demi-god) rides in the films :3 Is my theory, could be based on the older one.

No one ever seems to call it "Arion", though. They only seem to refer to it as Pegasus (unless you're talking about a different movie than what I found). Arion the Pegasus could be related to this Arion, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:01 am
Kangit
Steel Crimson

No one ever seems to call it "Arion", though. They only seem to refer to it as Pegasus (unless you're talking about a different movie than what I found). Arion the Pegasus could be related to this Arion, though.

It could also refer to the constellation in the Pegasi galaxy XD  

Chiyo Akeno

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:50 pm
Steel Crimson
Kangit
Steel Crimson

It could also refer to the constellation in the Pegasi galaxy XD

Yes, but that doesn't mention Arion, either. cat_smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:53 pm
Ask the artist! /// I'm interested now  

Chiyo Akeno

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:21 am
Steel Crimson
Ask the artist! /// I'm interested now

It still seems to be this. Even though it doesn't say what color horse Arion was, or whether Arion was winged, other websites describe Arion as a black, sometimes winged horse. I'm pretty sure it's the same Arion. (Shrugs)  
Guild Files

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games