Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
There's a fairy on my desk. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What kind?
You decide.
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 7

Tybarious

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:44 pm
really? we were flaming? I guess should post stuff when I'm really tired.

Also, I know, thats why rarely feel sorry for people.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:47 pm
No, I just saw that's where it was heading. I wanted to head it off at the pass.

I should think that would be a good reason to feel sorry for people. confused

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Tybarious

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:57 pm
I lived on the gulf coast for the last decade and a half, if a hurricane were to come and destroy my house, I wouldn't expect any sympathy form anyone. It just a material item and can be replace, it was suck to do but it can be done. Loss of live is another topic, if they had time to prepare and avoid it and still die then I'm not really all that sympathetic to them. Maybe to their families but not so much to them. If they didn't then some sympathy but its hard to worry about something when you don't have any real connections to them. its kinda hard to explain.

edit: Also I've lived in the southern portion of tornado alley for a large portion of my live as well.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:02 pm
Well, I was referring mostly to loss of life. I'm also less sympathetic as far as buildings go.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 pm
I stand corrected: Japan is NOT all of asia.
Everyone's intitled to their own oppinion. yes.
And no, I don't want to flame war.

But insulting the music still insults the creators.
And they worked hard to make it V_V
(it may just be my oppinion, but I say it's good)

And yeah ty, you can't blaim people for where they live.
That's like saying all people in california are retards for living there.

TY: I rarely feel sorry for anyone either.
But japan is the country I do feel for.
Hell, I don't even feel much of anything for my own country.

And I know you, purple, don't like the word "retard" being used as an insult.
But considdering many people put up a fuss about using it for people that ARE.
And now think everyone should say "mentally dissabled" all the time instead.
So if we aren't suppose to say "retard" to mean "mentally dissabled"
then that opens it up to be used as an insult.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:16 pm
what were we talking about again? I think I'll let this thread die.

Thats ok if you like a country and feel for it but that doesn't mean people can go around saying a person is a bad person b/c they don't have the time to care about that country nor do they want to care. I'm rather sick of being told I need to be multi-cultural or at least understanding of them. What if I just want to get on with my life. If I travel aboard, I"ll get some cultural sensibility training b/c I would expect that out of a foreigner coming here.

I tired of the parade of these so call multi-culturalist. If its so great to be in that culture then go join instead flaunting it in front of everyone like they're superior to everyone. Big whoop'd do. I like my american culture, sure it might not be as great as it should be and I can admit that. It settle a continent, go through a civil war, won two world wars, and put a man on the moon. From the first settlers to the present, it was and is the place for new beginnings for people. In my opinion, the american society has mostly forgotten this and you can see this with all this ethic and culture diversity they keep blabbing about everyday. ...I could go on but I'm sure y'all don't want to hear anymore, plus I only needed to get that off my chest.  

Tybarious

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:35 pm
See, I knew this was where this thread was heading. Locked!

Final notes: Dude, you say that stuff is stupid all the time, stuff that people worked to create. Just because you like something, doesn't make it less worthy of criticism. And no, that doesn't "open up 'retard' to being used as an insult." It still has the same definition. If I stopped using your name to refer to you, would it be okay to use it as an insult instead?

Ty: I understand where you're coming from, but a person can be most proud of their own culture without treating others like dirt. Cultural sensibility just means not treating other cultures like s**t; it doesn't mean that you have to know everything about them or love them. I don't think dude was trying to force you into loving anything, and if he was, consider this his official reprimand. Another thing people have forgotten about America is that it was supposed to be multi-cultural, as in different cultures living side-by-side and tolerating each other, not arguing about who's got the biggest history book. Modern American culture is an evolution of multiple older cultures mixing and growing together. Culture itself is a growing, changing thing, and there's not a damn thing wrong with that.

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff