Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aw Heck, it's a Pokemon!

Back to Guilds

A friendly easy-going pokemon guild, with news, strategies, and more! 

Tags: Pokemon, Nintendo DS, Nintendo, Heart Gold, Soul Silver 

Reply Gen5 - White/Black
Black & White: Facts and Information

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:45 am
Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are almost upon us, and the February 2011 issue of Nintendo Power featured a ton of information on the U.S. release! Some things to note about generation five:

* Black and White is the first new generation to feature a full roster of 150 new pokemon.

* Black and White marks the first time two new generations have been released for the same console. The first generation was released on the GameBoy; Gold/Silver/Crystal were released on GameBoy Color; Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald were released on GameBoy Advance; and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were released on the Nintendo DS. Although there have been variations of the Nintendo DS (Lite, DSi, DSiXL), the platform is still the same.

* Black and White has all new camerawork! Every pokemon game before has featured a fixed overhead camera, but Black and White breaks free, with the camera shifting to show the buildings and give you a real sense of how tall the skyscrapers and forests are, how vast the fields are, etc. Don't worry, though, the camera will still follow the hero!

* There aren't ANY previous pokemon in the game until after you've completed the main quest. You can't even trade them into the game until after the credits have rolled!!

* Black and White doesn't stick to the same storyline. Rather than having a rival and a team of evil-doers, you'll have friends, a female professor, and the Pokemon Liberators. Of course, they'll still be led by an evil, "legitimately scary" guy, but otherwise you won't be trying to win over your rival or anything.

* You'll need a Global Link account to trade online! Although there wasn't a mention of that in the article, if you've picked up the display boxes at GameStop, you'll notice the notification that it's required to trade online! Nintendo Power promises to have more info in the March 2011 issue!

* Black and White has new battle strategies, including three-on-three battles! Three-on-three battles have unique rules and promise to bring a whole new level of strategy, particularly with the use of supporting pokemon!

* Black and White offers new ways to connect, including the C-Gear device which allows you to open IR connections anywhere, anytime, and the Xtransceiver which will let you do four-way video chats with friends online and in-game characters!

* Black and White has some major differences, not just the pokemon available to capture. For instance, Black includes the exclusive area Black City, while White includes the exclusive area White Forest. The C-Gear can allow other players to visit these areas in your game!

Look for more updates coming soon!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:37 am
Look like they are using some the same features as Dragon Quest and what about friend codes? The camera has be worried and I don't like the fact that I can't trade my favorite Pikachu over but I guess I'll get over it. Really I can't wait and I do plan to actually by both versions which is a first for me. 3nodding  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:09 am
There are definitely some elements from Dragon Quest! But I think it'll still feel mostly like a pokemon game.

I'm not *too* concerned about the camera, but we'll have to wait and see on that one. It doesn't seem like it's constantly moving, just shifting when you move from one area to the other. So hopefully it won't get in the way!

And don't worry, you'll be able to get Pikachu eventually! xp  
Gen5 - White/Black

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff