Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
whats on my mind....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thanks for the memories
  maybe we'll see each other in another lifetime
View Results

Tybarious

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 am
I've been thinking lately and I'm about 98% sure Im going to permanently quit gaia, I know some of y'all will be bummed but I think its for the best. The original person who got me started has left the site several years ago, and the site isn't what it used to be. I liked how it was mostly free site to have fun, chat with ppl and you didn't have to worry about someone trying to sale you something (well for the most part). Now, everything I log on now, all I get is a new scam for them to make money and

I haven't tried to make a new friend on this site since 2008. Plus, Im getting older and my real life has more important to me and I've gained quite a few real good friends. The only I wish for gaia to create a "close your account' button to make it offical. I think what I might do it turn over my account and mules to one of y'all to do with as you please. If any of you care for my accounts, then let me know. I'll be doing the final preparation in the next couple of days so ether pm me or post it in this thread.

Thanks for the time and laughs we had together but I must say good bye  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:57 pm
AaaaHHHhh !!!!! You're leaving now too !?!
You're the second person I know to do this within the past year.

(not trying to make new friends is NOT a good reason to leave) >.<
But if you would rather spend more time in the "meat storage" world, then that's your choice. LOL

True, Gaia is nothing more then an interractive email service, but I try to keep in touch with my friends here, as much as my friends on my actual email account. And although I know your deviantart account, many do not. So you could always pop back in to say hello from time to time. (no different then a normal email)

But if you REALLY want to give up your accounts, I would be willing to take them from you. (despite me already having many)
You have some awesome items that I like and I guess handing over an account is easier then gifting or trading all your items away ^^;  

xwhateverxdudex

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:46 pm
NOOOO!!!

My many gaia friends quit...

I will miss you. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:21 pm
Well, if you feel you need to, I understand. But you should keep your main account so that you can come back if you change your mind. Since these accounts never go away anyway, you may as well. I know gaia has changed, but it's not bad enough yet to keep me away from my friends. If I quit everything because it had too many ads, I wouldn't even go outside my house. But if you just need to spend more time on real life stuff, I get it. Real life does take priority most of the time. Hope you're happy in whatever decision you make.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Tybarious

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:00 pm
yeah, some of my accounts I will keep (my main and a couple of mules) but for the most part, I'm leaving so I can focus on my real life.

Dude, I'm transfering most of the items I no long want to a few of my mules, you are welcome to them.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:45 pm
I accept any and all "kick-a**" items you don't want anymore.
(and anything else) LOL

But if you're going to come back and say hi, every now and then...
Then do keep at least your main.
(like purple said)  

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:05 pm
I am sorry to hear that you have decided to move on from Gaia. But, I hope that whatever you have going on outside of the internet keeps you happy and satisfied.

I've known handfuls of people who have quit Gaia, though it seems like all of them end up coming right back after a month or two. Gaia may have changed, and I don't even talk to any of the people I joined with ...but for me ... Gaia has been a big part of my online life. I may take a break every now and then, but I don't have any plans to just up and totally quit. heart

[ r.i.n.i.o.a ]
heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:55 am
desu desu

(That's me, agreeing with you) ^.^  

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

Tybarious

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 pm
I'll probably eventually quite but it probably be b/c of negligent rather anything formal  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:06 am
I believe that's the best way to go ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:40 pm
Yeah, cuz that would mean that you're actually tired of it or grown away from it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:25 am
But leaving just cus you don't have time is silly.

Because there are always days when you're bored but don't have time for anything else. But there's always time for a quick trip to gaia.  

xwhateverxdudex

Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff