Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
New Final Fantasy Releases

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this the Year of Final Fantasy?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:44 pm
So, for all those that are clueless on what is happening in the Final Fantasy department of Square-Enix, a lot of Final Fantasy is being released within the next year. Here is the list of what is currently marked to be released (or is being worked on as far as we know) this year.

-May Contain Spoilers-

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy:
- Quite possibly the most anticipated prequel to a Final Fantasy game ever, Dissidia Duodecium will feature more Final Fantasy characters, arenas, costumes, features, music, and summons. It is set to be released in Japan on March 3, in North America on March 22, Europe on March 25, and sometime later in the spring for the rest of the world. It will be released on the PSP.

Final Fantasy XIII-2:
- As the sequel to Final Fantasy XIII, it will continue the story of Lightning and her friends as they search for a way to help Fang and Vanille. It is set to be released sometime in the Winter of this year on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII:
- Although this game is part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy compilation, it has little to do with the rest of the games. The game will feature a new gameplay style said to be action oriented and will play like a more realistic version of the Kingdom Hearts series. It features two main characters, Stella and Noctis, as well as several other characters who are nameless so far. It will be released on the Playstation 3, but when is uncertain.

Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection:
- Both Final Fantasy IV games in one! Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection is made up of two games, the original Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. The graphics will be updated to look like those in the PSP versions of Final Fantasy I and II. A chapter will be added to act as a bridge to the gap in the two games. A limited edition of the game will be released in Japan, which will come with an artbook and a walkthrough. The game will be released in Japan on March 14 and the United States and Europe on April 19th of this year, appearing on the PSP.

Final Fantasy Type-0:
- Formerly known as Final Fantasy Agito, Type-0 is game one in an assumed spinoff series of games in the Final Fantasy series. It is part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy compilation and showcases 12 characters named after the Japanese pronunciations of playing cards. The game was originally said to be released on mobile phones, and because of this, it did not attract much interest from North American fans since mobile phone games do not normally make it out of Japan. After it was released that the game would be released on the PSP, it attracted more interest. As such, only the Japanese date is out, which just happens to be sometime in summer of this year.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:34 pm
Wow, thanks, it helped me a bit! biggrin

I'm looking forward to XIII-2 and versus the most. <3 Mainly, because I dont have a PSP XD

Do you know when Agito (Or Zero, was it?) is coming out?  

BleedingInkXIII

veryfluffypillows

Dangerous Lover

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:13 pm
I still have to finish playing XIII first, but i am looking forward to the second one!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:30 pm
DeathStarXII

I'm looking forward to XIII-2 and versus the most. <3 Mainly, because I dont have a PSP XD

Oh jeeze. I forgot about Type-0 (I personally prefer Agito over Type-0..). The release date is listed as Summer of this year for Japan, but nothing has been said about outside Japan, sadly. I'll update my post right away!  

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Damien Darke

Distinct Hunter

1,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:08 am
When the hell did they change Agito to Type-0? When I wrote my newsletter, it was still Agito. And by the way, for those who wish to know, the main character of Final Fantasy Versus XIII in Noctis Lucius Caelum, and it is supposed to be the darkest Final Fantasy game yet. Agito (or Type-0) is supposed to be about a group of students in a magical school, and in the Japanese preview that I saw, on of the main character is nicknamed Card-kun I think.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:21 pm
Damien Darke
When the hell did they change Agito to Type-0? When I wrote my newsletter, it was still Agito. And by the way, for those who wish to know, the main character of Final Fantasy Versus XIII in Noctis Lucius Caelum, and it is supposed to be the darkest Final Fantasy game yet. Agito (or Type-0) is supposed to be about a group of students in a magical school, and in the Japanese preview that I saw, on of the main character is nicknamed Card-kun I think.

Yeah, Noctis and his game seem really awesome. I enjoy dark games, so it'll be interesting. I'm psyched for when it comes in. (Preorder!)

I'm uncertain when they changed the name, but as they changed Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy XIII to Fabula Nova Crystallis: Final Fantasy during the "Square Enix 1st Production Department Premiere" event in January, I'd figure that's when they changed it. They have a new logo and everything for it. Agito is no longer. Type-0 is now, sadly. It is true, though. A lot of the characters are named after cards. The lead character is named Ace, from what I understand. When did you write your newsletter?  

Todeskandidaten
Crew

4,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

BleedingInkXIII

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:31 pm
Todeskandidaten
DeathStarXII

Oh jeeze. I forgot about Type-0 (I personally prefer Agito over Type-0..). The release date is listed as Summer of this year for Japan, but nothing has been said about outside Japan, sadly. I'll update my post right away!

Ah, thank you :]  
FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff