Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
What inspires you?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bolweevil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:08 am
As an artist of any type, inspiration, or the the inspiration process can come from many places.

How do you come across your ideas?

How does inspiration, and the process of acting on that original inspiration reflect in your final piece?

Are you often inspired only to find out you lack the ability to bring your vision into reality, and you settle for something that only resembles what you wanted to do?

Does what you saw in your head translate directly into the media just as you had originally envisioned it?

Is your final piece actually better than your original concept due to alterations made during the creation process?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:10 pm
Nice weather inspires me..... no matter what I'm working on it always just makes things work alot better and colour combinations.Random things seem to spark my imagination could be anything from the way the trees look as I'm walking past them to a really nice black and white image to the way something is sitting on a shelf.
Most of the time I just draw and go with what appears on the paper because whatever I try to draw generally doesn't turn out so if a picture I start just isn't working out then I usually abandon it .. which has made digital a way for most of my art because I can just throw it away if it doesn't work then I don't have to worry about garbage or wasting expensive medium.

So thats my story... Rawr!!  

Bob_the_evil_Faerie

Sparkly Lunatic

starlightskyblue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:26 am
I useally just laydown on the bed... about to go to sleep... then the idea just pop out of nowhere, I saw the picture of the finish work and everything... but when I concentrade on it, with try to think of an idea or something... even in the nice enveronment... I can't think of anything gonk

I also think that's the reason why I can't stick with some type of work confused like one day the image of a cg poped up, then I'll be working on cg pics for a week or two then I'll stop seeing things and something else'll pop up in stead... after a while it just go around in circle lol... n NO, I DIDN'T MADE A PACT WITH THE DEVIL!! twisted

but when I work on my idea that I saw in my head, it always come out different... I can never encounter my work's outcome... rofl

so I think mine depends on luck? confused  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:13 pm
Basicaly the darkness, some of the greatest things i drew came from when i shut of the light and let my imagintation. I use every sound to create the image of a monster. This also spawned my Corrupted, to which I cannot post do to the fact I lack a scanner.  

Corition

Cativa Carni

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:12 am
Like I said in that other thread, I wanna rap as well as do graphocs, so Mike Shinoda is definetly some inpiration. I use desperation, salvation, no motivation and bordem for inspiration ;D

In my verses I write, my inspiration.. Well wait, I'll be real honest, and you can call me awannabe etc, but I'm told I sound like Eminem and Dmx put together, but I tend to rap bout things like Kanye West (The spoken word part, and the glamour). That's the sound. The words can be anythin from politics, to world happenings, to the fool standin infront of me in a rap battle, or that I'm comin up and stuff. Usualy mock other 'artists'..

The art I do though, well it can be random thoughts, graffiti, name design (Like, designin someone some pimp font for their name or whatever.. By hand!) or some lil things.. One of the main things I draw in bordem is usualy an eye either cryin or bleedin, just cause my Mum always used to draw the eye, ya know. To tell the truth man, my mind always feels empty, but once I get a basic line drawn, anythin springs from it.

I guess I just tend to let my hand do the thinkin X3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:15 am
well usualy if i see some one elses work or a picture or something like that i can picture it as a sig of my own and then work it into one but not close to the one i saw from other people i jsut work it out as im doing it 3nodding  

littlebro2

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:07 am
Jealousy is my main source of inspiration biggrin Often they only subtly influence any particular piece of design work I do, but in general they inspire me to work harder and get better.

At work I've coverd my wall with print design and logos that I find inspiring, which usually helps, and I recently bought a book containing the 'best' print, web, illustration and photography in my country in 2005. I like to look at many things in a short space of time rather than concentrate on one, so I don't end up just copying it sweatdrop Sometimes I fall short of the vision, sometimes I surpass it, sometimes I move so far from the original idea that it can't really be compared to the finished product.

In illustration and artwork stuff... I have plenty of inspiration, but not the skill to execute the ideas I have sweatdrop So I'm just trying not to run-before-I-can-walk and just learn the basics properly first.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:30 pm
I see so many things in my mind that I wish I could put out on paper but I have a really hard time getting it to come out the way I wish it did. sweatdrop Most of my inspiration comes from my life, the world around me, other artworks, and my dreams.  

Secks

Familiar Noob

5,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200

AntoineDelacroix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:02 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:45 pm
Music, Conversation, Experiences, and other Art inspires me.

domokun domokun domokun domokun domokun  

WildlifeMetaphors

Moonlight_HuangHou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:14 pm
The season...wheather....my illustrations/imaginations...and music. ^__^  
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 11:59 pm
some special people and the weather...

if is a cloudy or rainy day, is perfect for me!

Summer sucks... i preffer Winter... in winter i like to work, and make thinks like plush dolls, use watercolor or acrilc and draw, draw and draw!

Raja_Aka

rogue_designer

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:50 pm
Good music

Live music

Art galleries

Museums

Real Life

Sex

Alcohol (I'm an irish gypsy... whattaya want)

lots of things inspire. Keep your eyes open, free your mind, and your hips will follow (as they say).  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:28 pm
The people in my live, the world around me, and the things I see, smell, taste, hear, and touch are what inspire me.

And Jealousy, as Chisa said before. xD  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Rinny Star

Newbie Gaian

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:13 pm
I'm not going to lie.

Other people's works inspire me by design, their type, colors, whatevers it is I like about it I will be inspired by it. Sometimes music does too, since I want to put what I hear onto a canvas.

Haha, and the process of acting on it? I just experiment with it and from that I just learn more. Some people say it's bad I do that, but who the hell cares how I do it as long as I get better.

Yes, I don't mind a second-best version. (:

Sometimes it comes out right, but I always sketch-design before I work it out so that it'll look close to my ideal plan.

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games