Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply The Random Guild
O.o A Ghoulish Haunting (all ghost stories) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rain the magician

6,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:53 pm
I just finished bioshock and thats a pretty scary game.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wLt3IvNFww

Here's a intro of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:54 am
Miyuki no Hara
Okay, so the last ghoulish story i told has a second part to it. One that takes place before the blue lighting orb. This ones really odd though. I could never make any sense of what happened then. Maybe one of you might have an idea.

arrow eek Okay, so that night, before the orb-thing, my parents had just decided that it would be safe enough for everyone to come out of the basement and into the living room and sleep there (just in case the storm got bad again, it'd be easier to get everyone into the basement from there.)
Anyway, so we had just gotten up the stairs (no one wanted to sleep in the basement because it was absolutely haunted - more stories to come about that) and the twins started crying for their blankets, and ofcourse the two youngest up from them decided to get into it too. They all wanted something from the basement, but not even the youngest of the older twins wanted to go down and get it. And he was always claiming to be the bravest and to not (absolutely not!) be affraid of the basement. So me and two of my other sibs go down (the oldest of the older twins among us) and got the things.
They were ahead of me, so they reached my older brothers room first and were already getting the things when i heard something strange. There was a howling. But it wasn't coming from outside (we didn't even have a dog anymore), it was comming from inside - right infront of me, to be exact. And it sounded like it was under water or far away, but it was right there, clear as day (as clear as it could get sounding like it was so far - or muted, at least like someone had turned the volume down). I know what you're thinking - someone had a t.v. on, right?
Wrong.
All the power in the neighborhood was out.
Nothing.
So it was pitch black in the basement. Yeah. Creepy.
Anyway, right after that, i call out to the boys asking if they heard something.
The older of the oldest twins says "y'mean you asking if we heard something, or maybe the storm raging outside?"
My older brother says "yeah, no kidding."
And i say "no like something howling"
For some reason it made me think of a wolf giving a warning howl (for some reason the howling didn't bother me as much as the feeling of "look out" and "danger" that i got when i heard it) - but certainly that can't be right. We lived in a pretty well populated area, so no chance of there being wolves. Besides nothing is so crazy that they would be out in a storm like that.
So then i noticed a movent in the t.v. room off to my left. When i looked, i saw a shadow standing (either on the couch or behind it - from were i was looking) and it was swaying from side to side. I couldn't make out much of it, but i saw and outline and the eyes that looked dimly like they were glowing (can't exactly tell what color though).

So we got back upstairs, everyone got the items they wanted (whole boxes, even though the storm still could have gotten worse) and i told them about what happened.

Now it's your turn. What do you think it was? Any ideas how to either prove or debunk this six year mystery?

Maybe your brothers were pulling a trick on you for the howling thing.
The shadow part I have no effing idea  

OtakuKnightGirl42

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

SaymtaystykxD

Dedicated Superfan

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:10 am
FinalDissidia ZidanePSP
Miyuki no Hara
Okay, so the last ghoulish story i told has a second part to it. One that takes place before the blue lighting orb. This ones really odd though. I could never make any sense of what happened then. Maybe one of you might have an idea.

arrow eek Okay, so that night, before the orb-thing, my parents had just decided that it would be safe enough for everyone to come out of the basement and into the living room and sleep there (just in case the storm got bad again, it'd be easier to get everyone into the basement from there.)
Anyway, so we had just gotten up the stairs (no one wanted to sleep in the basement because it was absolutely haunted - more stories to come about that) and the twins started crying for their blankets, and ofcourse the two youngest up from them decided to get into it too. They all wanted something from the basement, but not even the youngest of the older twins wanted to go down and get it. And he was always claiming to be the bravest and to not (absolutely not!) be affraid of the basement. So me and two of my other sibs go down (the oldest of the older twins among us) and got the things.
They were ahead of me, so they reached my older brothers room first and were already getting the things when i heard something strange. There was a howling. But it wasn't coming from outside (we didn't even have a dog anymore), it was comming from inside - right infront of me, to be exact. And it sounded like it was under water or far away, but it was right there, clear as day (as clear as it could get sounding like it was so far - or muted, at least like someone had turned the volume down). I know what you're thinking - someone had a t.v. on, right?
Wrong.
All the power in the neighborhood was out.
Nothing.
So it was pitch black in the basement. Yeah. Creepy.
Anyway, right after that, i call out to the boys asking if they heard something.
The older of the oldest twins says "y'mean you asking if we heard something, or maybe the storm raging outside?"
My older brother says "yeah, no kidding."
And i say "no like something howling"
For some reason it made me think of a wolf giving a warning howl (for some reason the howling didn't bother me as much as the feeling of "look out" and "danger" that i got when i heard it) - but certainly that can't be right. We lived in a pretty well populated area, so no chance of there being wolves. Besides nothing is so crazy that they would be out in a storm like that.
So then i noticed a movent in the t.v. room off to my left. When i looked, i saw a shadow standing (either on the couch or behind it - from were i was looking) and it was swaying from side to side. I couldn't make out much of it, but i saw and outline and the eyes that looked dimly like they were glowing (can't exactly tell what color though).

So we got back upstairs, everyone got the items they wanted (whole boxes, even though the storm still could have gotten worse) and i told them about what happened.

Now it's your turn. What do you think it was? Any ideas how to either prove or debunk this six year mystery?

Maybe your brothers were pulling a trick on you for the howling thing.
The shadow part I have no effing idea

Yeah, that's what i thought too. But then when i went to go catch them, they were all fast asleep. None of them were good actors back then, they were all very young, so all i had to do was tell them that i would take their favorite thing(s) away if they were really asleep. That always gets them up and saying "ok, ok, were sorry, we wont do it anymore." but they just all laid there snoring in the spots they had chosen to sleep in.
I took their fav things anyway, and hid them. The next morning when they all woke up, i pretended like nothing had happened at first. I waited till after they had breakfast to tell them that i had given their fav things to the great tornado king as a sacrifice. Then they all started freaking out and hollering. I told them that i could (probably) get them back for them if they could tell me exactly what had happened the night before. All they did was state the obvious. "it rained" "no it didn't rain, it stormed" "a big storm" "it was a tornado, you dummi-pops" "oh, yeah" "oh, wait is this about the howling you heard?" "or maybe about that thing you saw in the basement"
Yes.
But what do they know about it? nothing. absolutely nothing. they didn't hear the howling, they didn't see the figure.
All that's left is the orb.
So i told them what happened (i left out the orb) and they said "so?" "that's it? you were walking around the house and you saw something odd and then decided to take our things and sacrifice them" "No! you saw the tornado king!"
so i told them about the orb (i had to - it had already been five hours and they weren't talking) and all they had to say was "so? you saw lightning. what's the matter, affraid of a little lighning?" "nu-uh, she's not afraid of anything - not even the tornado king." "so then my older bro had to tell him that there was no tornado king and that i probably had their things hidden around the house ("over stupid lightning!" they all complained)

So im not sure it was them. And my parents wouldn't have done anything like that. In fact everyone was too unearved by the death in the house to even think of pulling a stunt like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:40 am
Okay so here's the next ghoulish instalment of The House I Once Lived In. I've decided that if this serries of stories is going to continue as it is, i may as well give it a title (there are other serries from other houses, after all). whee
This episode........ eek
Episode one of the official naming: ninja
Nobody eek

arrow eek Okay, so one night my little brothers were all asleep in their room and the youngest twins safely in their cribs. I was in my room asleep (it would only last four hours) and my parents were downstairs in the dinning room playing cards with some of my aunts and uncles.
My little brother "steve" (we called him steve 'cause of scuba steve - cant remember were exactly my older bro heard that from) came down the stairs - crying.
My moms first thought is "he had a nightmare". That's close, i guess, but not entirely what she thought.
So he's now standing in the dinning room with everyone comforting him and saying things like "it's ok" "it was just a bad dream is all" and "come on have some water and a cookie, it'll help"
Well, all the time my little bro is saying stuff like "it wasn't a dream" "and someone keeps pushing me out of bed" and "im scared"
My mom then thinks "oh, its one of the older ones playing some sort of trick on him and being mean to him". She thought it was my big bro or the younger of the oldest twins. So she calls up the stairs threatining to put them on some serrious restriction if they didn't stop bothering baby Steve.
So she gave him a glass of milk and a cookie then sent him back up to his bed.
Not even five minutes later, he comes back down saying all the same things again.
Ok, now they've made her mad. She asks him who it is who's pushing him out of bed, so she can kick their butts. He tells her he doesn't know who it is, that its too dark for him to see.
So she tells him to go back upstairs and turn the hall light on and leave the bedroom door open.
This time she stands at the stairs and waits.
About ten minutes pass, and she figures that they've stopped (smart move) and sits back down to continue the game, when down comes little Steve, crying.
They pushed him outta bed again. So she's furrious now, asks him if he saw who did it. He says.....
.....Nobody......
Nobody. Nobody is pushing him out of bed. Now she thinks that its just him havin' a bad dream, or just trying to get attention. So she sends him back to bed.
But to no avail. He comes back three more times after that, each within five-fifteen minutes of going back to bed. Each time she asks him who did it. Each time he says nobody.
The third time she said "But, Stevie, if no one is pushing you out of bed, how come you keep coming down and telling me that your being pushed out of bed? Were you pushed? Or did you fall?" he says "no, mommy, im being pushed out of bed, i can feel the hands pushing on my back" so she says "then who is it? Who's pushing you out of bed?"
......nobody......
so she says "stevie, are you doing this for attention?" he says "no, mommy, honest, someone is pushing me out of bed."
So she asks who it is and he says nobody, then she thinks that he's trying to protect whoever is doing it. Maybe he's affraid of what that person will do if he tells on them. (he's already half told, so why not?)
She tells him that he doesn't have to protect the person who's doing it, because she'll kick their butts if they go to do anything to him.
She asks again.
..........nobody...........
"no, mommy, nobody is pushing me out of bed - Nobody."
"then why are you telling me..."
"no, mommy, Nobody - No Body! No Body - it has no body!"

Needless to say, she was freaked out.
Especially when he said that it was just a head floating above his bed with hands he couldn't see pushing him out of his bed.

eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

okay, now that i've gotten all the "weirded out" out of my system, tell me what you think of this outrageous story.  

SaymtaystykxD

Dedicated Superfan

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Bookworm 100

mihawk13

Unbeatable Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:01 am
Y'know, I've heard a lot of stories from Indian reservations out in Colorado & New Mexico, but they're not as scary when it comes from there, cause it's all pretty common place. I've actually heard slightly different versions of the Howl, the Light ball, and little kids being pushed/dragged out of the bed, a couple of different times & situations of the first two.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 am
mihawk13
Y'know, I've heard a lot of stories from Indian reservations out in Colorado & New Mexico, but they're not as scary when it comes from there, cause it's all pretty common place. I've actually heard slightly different versions of the Howl, the Light ball, and little kids being pushed/dragged out of the bed, a couple of different times & situations of the first two.

Oh, wow, that's pretty cool. I had no idea that such happenings were so common in Colorado and New Mexico. But i'm not from either of those states. I mean, i have familly in Colorado that i visit all the time, but this case didn't take place there.

Yea, but the ghost responsible for those happenings was the ghost of the old lady who lived there before us with her son and his wife. She actually died in that house, in the basement. No one knew, but i kept having strange dreams were either i or someone i knew was falling down the basement stairs.

Turns out that's exactly what happened to her. It really spooked me to here that my mom had descovered that, but i wasn't to surprised. I've kinda gotten used to those strange dreams.

Another really odd thing about that house is that after moving in, i kept having strange dreams of a fire breaking out and that when i would look out the window, our backyard and the back yards of our other neighbors (two behind and the one to our left) had farm animals raoming around. Horses jumping fences and sheep ba-ing as they jumped a wooden work bench and even a small white dog running around and herding them together.

Then i found out that our whole neighborhood sat on the site of an old farm. Turns out that the four houses with the animals in the dream stood right were the barn was, and get this! It burned down! I always got the feeling that maybe it was some spirit trying to tell me what happened there. Maybe the others just weren't listining as much. But when i told everyone else in my fammilly about those incidents, the activity really picked up!

Anyway ,there are numerous other cases where i would dream things and something about them turn out to be true (usually the main point of the dream). Those are other tales for other times, i suppose.  

SaymtaystykxD

Dedicated Superfan

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Bookworm 100

SaymtaystykxD

Dedicated Superfan

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:17 am
Okay, so here's a fun one ~ whee

Saga: The House I Once Lived In
This episode..... eek
Episode two of the official naming: ninja
.....Twins?..... eek

arrow eek Okay, so one day i was sitting in my brothers' new room on the matress that had been dumped on the floor (they slept in the living room because they were scared of their new room - besides, the couch was fold out and more comfortable then sleeping on the floor - the mattres didn't arrive till the middle of the night).

We were going back to the other house to pick up the last remaining things we had left there and i, (though they had said that they were waiting on me), i was ready and none of them had even gotten dressed yet.

So while im sitting there, i zone out and find myself feeling transparent, faint, distant, and light - almost like scroodge in the Christmas Carol story as he's being dragged around to see all the things that will, have, or are happening. I look around in this dazed-like trance and see that i am in the same house, but totally different. The room i had been sitting in that had been bare, i was now standing in and it was full - of girl things. It was not a room for little boys at all. I remember thinking, "that's odd".

Then i looked in front of me and saw my white dresser and when i looked to see what i was holding in my hands, i saw a large locket. It was heavy and ornately crafted. Then i noticed the clothes i was wearing. A dress. Oh, brother. I am not a dress person. I hadn't worn a dress since i was.....like, never. Anyway, i had never seen clothes like those, certainly i had never worn such an outfit before.

I hear someone lightly running (flying....glidding) up the stairs, around the corner and through the door. It was.......my....twin?

i don't have a twin......yet she looked just like me.....or.....rather......the "character" i was playing in my .....dream?......

Anyway, she says "hurry! it's starting! their comming!" and she turned and (flew?.....glidded?) out of the room again. I had called out "oh! i-i'm comming!" and placed the locket hastily back on the dresser and had made it half way to the door before i turned around and walked back to the dresser and picked the locket back up.

"......im...........comming.........."

But then, of all the luck, some rubber-duckie-totten-munchkin bursts through the door and snaps me out of my trance by yelling "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEE'S COOOOOOOOOOOOOOMIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!"

Ofcourse, i asked who and the rubber-duckie-totten-munchkin himself cries out..........

"THE DUCKIE MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yes he dragged out the "n"

*the duckie man is my older brother, because when my little bro was listening to the radio with him, a song came on and the guy singing said "i like - baby ducks!" And both bro's shouted "BABY DUCKS!?!?!?!?!?"*

arrow sweatdrop Okay, the last part really doesn't have much to do with the actuall story, but i kinda thought it was a little funny to come out of something so serious because of something so silly and un-serrious.  
The Random Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff