Submit

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:12 pm
Hello hello! Does anyone remember who I am? Yes? No? Maybe?

Oh well. Long story short, I was an old member here and stopped coming due to real life. I'm back now, but only to ask a question.

These days I've gone into some kind of retro gaming fix, and picked back up my Pokemon Games. I remember something about a save battery dying in G/S/C, so I looked up some information on that and learned that all of those games are more than likely dead now.

Now, I don't have a DS, and I still hate the way that Nintendo is treating this franchise with its special events and version exclusivities and such. (That, and I'm in a bit of a financial crisis...) And I know you have to break into the games in order to replace the batteries. So the question is this:

Is replacing the batteries in G/S/C really worth the trouble?

I mean, I'm just doing this so I can play the games via Stadium 2, as my N64 still works. But if it's really too much trouble, I may just file my old games with the rest of the games I can no longer play. *sheds a tear for his Genesis library* crying  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:22 pm
I REMEMBER YOU! well your name. XD I don't remember much discussion you've brought.

and sorry bro, can't help you with that. :C  

Melody Hikari-Shinu Anson

Fluffy Bachelorette

10,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:21 am
To be fair, I wasn't much of a discussion-bringer. If anything, I was more of a commentator that would cause tangental discussions from innocent questions.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:52 pm
Heya Zeek Slier. :3

I know this isn't what you're looking to hear, but no, it's really going to be a lot of trouble...if you have the cash, it's far more worth it to splurge on a DS (Lite or DSi, doesn't matter) and a HeartGold or SoulSilver version. Trust me.

The games are almost exactly identical, except for a few extras (like berries and the Pokéthlon), and the amazing new graphics. Seriously, compare them. You'll be glad you got it if you do.

I've compared them a lot recently (playing Crystal, and then switching to SoulSilver), and though I love(d) my Crystal version with a passion, I'm thinking of selling it to a used game shop nearby. That and my Advance, and my other GB/GBC games that I never play anymore. I will feel sad to see DWM2 go, though...

TBH, if you owned Crystal, it may still work fine. Mine does. I've logged tons of hours into it, even bought it when it came out, and it still has my save file just fine. Just try starting a new game, save it (when you can), and go back to it the next day, or later that day. If the save file is gone, so it your battery.

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:45 pm
Thing is Shippo, I don't have the coin to spend on a DS or on HG/SS. sad

And there's the fact I'm aiming for a 3DS...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:07 pm
I remember you. And yeah, personally, if I didn't have a DS, at this point I would just wait and buy the 3DS instead. It's so close to coming out, might as well.  

Vickicat

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm
Hm. How about getting HG/SS for your 3DS when it comes out, then? That seems like a plan.

I personally am interested in a 3DS, but I hate the look of it...they took the DSi, and merged it with the original DS. Blegh.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:48 pm
I remember you too!
I've seen videos of people replacing the batteries.... It's not hard, just takes quite a few tools that most people don't have laying around...like a soldering iron.
I'm excited for the 3DS, OOT is going to be amazing for it! I'm going to trade in my DSi for it though and knock off half the price  

[Mori]

Zeek Slider

Hopeless Man-Lover

28,040 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:58 pm
[Mori]
I've seen videos of people replacing the batteries.... It's not hard, just takes quite a few tools that most people don't have laying around...like a soldering iron.
I found and bookmarked the one that involved nothing more than an exacto-blade and electrical tape. smile Cheap, and you don't run the risk of burning yourself/the game!  
Pokémon Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games