Submit

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:19 am
I want to give FF7 a try, if only to see what the hype was all about. I haven't played much of the mainstream FF games (only 1, 4 and 6), let alone finished them.

Crystal Chronicles was a pretty good installment in the spinoff spectrum of things. Granted, GBAs are needed for multiplayer, but it was still fun solo. And the music was delicious.

I really should dig into my treasure chest of games to see the titles I haven't played in a while, up to and including Weegee's Mansion.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 am
I'll be honest, T.
You're not going to understand the hype. It's a nostalgic/generational thing.

I tried Windwaker after the PS3 came out, (used for reference of years afterward, so like, 2009) and I couldn't get into it at all.

I have a real problem playing games that are further back in console generations that I havn't played before. (save NES and SNES).

OoT just sucks, the controls were terrible, I made it to the gerudo valley and had to stop.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:16 am
TtheHero
I want to give FF7 a try, if only to see what the hype was all about. I haven't played much of the mainstream FF games (only 1, 4 and 6), let alone finished them.

Crystal Chronicles was a pretty good installment in the spinoff spectrum of things. Granted, GBAs are needed for multiplayer, but it was still fun solo. And the music was delicious.

I really should dig into my treasure chest of games to see the titles I haven't played in a while, up to and including Weegee's Mansion.

It was a smash hit RPG for it's time. Plus dem cutting new age graphix.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:21 am
The KyroFreed
TtheHero

The CG was cutting edge, maybe. The in-game graphics were s**t from the start.  

Waynebrizzle

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:35 am
Waynebrizzle
The KyroFreed
TtheHero

I was impressed a bit at the time, as I didn't have a 64 or a PS1 during that moment. Yes in hindsight the over world is quite bleh for even a ps1 game.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:45 am
The KyroFreed
Waynebrizzle
The KyroFreed
TtheHero

I was impressed a bit at the time, as I didn't have a 64 or a PS1 during that moment. Yes in hindsight the over world is quite bleh for even a ps1 game.

The battle graphics are a little good but still nothing compared to games like Mario 64 that came out way earlier. But yeah, the overworld models look like absolute crap.  

Waynebrizzle

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 pm
Waynebrizzle
The KyroFreed
Waynebrizzle
The KyroFreed
TtheHero

The battle graphics are a little good but still nothing compared to games like Mario 64 that came out way earlier. But yeah, the overworld models look like absolute crap.

The prerendered backgrounds, battle scenes, FMVs and music completely blew everything away at the time. But yea, you can't discover FF7 for the first time anymore. That ship sailed.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:03 am
Did anyone mention one of the best Square Enix RPGs for the SNES you've probably never played? A little game called "Live a Live" that I think may have been the spiritual precursor to Chrono Trigger. You play through seven different scenarios with different characters in different time periods, and then there are some cool twists at the end. It's an oldy, but a helluva goodie. Also, why don't they just f**king make Chrono Break already? (They patented the name Chrono Break in the PS2 era, so that's what I'm calling the nonexistant third Chrono game)

EDIT: *Facepalm* Sorry, it's supposed to be Squaresoft, not Sqeenix. I get confuzzled.  

Rachetgirl11

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:19 am
Nomega
l-Kathulu-l
Luigi got his own game, no one liked it.

Why does everyone say that?
Everyone I've talked to loves Luigi's Mansion. It was easily just as good as Super Mario Sunshine.

Luigi's Mansion was ten times better than Super Mario Sunshine.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:08 pm
eveejoystar
Nomega
l-Kathulu-l

Everyone I've talked to loves Luigi's Mansion. It was easily just as good as Super Mario Sunshine.

I never played either, I can't really confirm or deny this statement.

Also, @Kuzo I'm assuming everyone else knows your long-standing opinion of OoT, but saying that it was terrible shocked me. You are quite literally the first person I've ever met who didn't enjoy that game (who play RPGs).  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:22 pm
Zylo Allouette
eveejoystar
Nomega
l-Kathulu-l

Also, @Kuzo I'm assuming everyone else knows your long-standing opinion of OoT, but saying that it was terrible shocked me. You are quite literally the first person I've ever met who didn't enjoy that game (who play RPGs).

The controls seemed sloppy to me. It was hard for me to get around. I understand while good for their time, the graphics don't make things any easier. Plus the game was really slow moving. I have like this blocker where it's really hard for me to play old games and enjoy them if I hadn't played them when they were at least somewhat new. I don't really get it.

I tried twilight princess and didn't really like that, either.
The only 3D zelda game that I kinda got in to was Wind Waker.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:03 am
Kuzodav
Zylo Allouette
eveejoystar
Nomega
l-Kathulu-l

The controls seemed sloppy to me. It was hard for me to get around. I understand while good for their time, the graphics don't make things any easier. Plus the game was really slow moving. I have like this blocker where it's really hard for me to play old games and enjoy them if I hadn't played them when they were at least somewhat new. I don't really get it.

I tried twilight princess and didn't really like that, either.
The only 3D zelda game that I kinda got in to was Wind Waker.

I'm surprised you liked Windwaker's world-map as opposed to the other 3D games; so much sailing to be done! That's so much excess travel-time that you don't have in the other games.

In the other 3D Zelda games, it's basically region-region-temple-region-temple-region-region-temple. You're basically hand-fed where you need to go and what happens next story-wise; or at least, that's how I've always felt.

Windwaker's graphics and story made it a little goofy, however, and I think (perhaps) the humour was what won you over?  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items