Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
A 3DS DEMO Has Landed at Select BestBuy locations!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:14 pm
Call yours to see if they have a kiosk set up. Mine did, and I don't even think of it as a huge location.

These only started getting installed like, Monday, so if you don't have one aroudn you, it might be on it's way.

Pilotwings is the only game I've heard of anyone getting, but it's pretty neat. My friend was really impatient, so I didn't get to play for very long, but it was nice to play at all. Be aware that the 3D took me some time to settle into, but I think managing that sweet spot will very quickly become second nature. Make sure to look straight ahead into the screen while you calibrate it to your eyes.

It's very neat. Check it out and post your opinions here.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:11 pm
The one thing that worries me about the 3d effect is that a lot of people that have used it have said that very same thing. Settling into the sweet spot takes a bit. Unfortunately, falling out of the sweet spot is common. This forces your eyes to constantly focus and refocus, which is very tiring and stressful.

I guess I'm a little tempted to check out a kiosk, but I'd rather wait to get my own. I want that first moment to be special. Like bubble bath and candlelights special.  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:05 am
Trenn Flashkill
The one thing that worries me about the 3d effect is that a lot of people that have used it have said that very same thing. Settling into the sweet spot takes a bit. Unfortunately, falling out of the sweet spot is common. This forces your eyes to constantly focus and refocus, which is very tiring and stressful.

I guess I'm a little tempted to check out a kiosk, but I'd rather wait to get my own. I want that first moment to be special. Like bubble bath and candlelights special.

Yeah same, opening up the box and powering it on and watching the 3D unfold before my eyes is going to be MAGICAL  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:10 am
You're dumb. This was magical.

It was there in my hands. Before the release.

I AM SPECIAL!  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:09 am
The controls on Pilotwings actually kinda suck d**k.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:36 pm
The only downside for me is that it looks not as goodish the more 3-D you go. Kinda ties up the whole point with laser-proof rope and molests it with a straw if you ask me =( Ah well ,this aside itt'l still have new games =p  

Tall_Tiffani

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 pm
Ninja_on_Synth
Kinda ties up the whole point with laser-proof rope and molests it with a straw if you ask me

what the ******** are you talking about  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:21 am
Don't question his logic, fool.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Tall_Tiffani

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:32 pm
The Eleventh AK
Ninja_on_Synth
Kinda ties up the whole point with laser-proof rope and molests it with a straw if you ask me

what the ******** are you talking about

It basically kills the point =p  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:56 pm
I managed to try it out today. I wish there was something other than just Pilot Wings. I wasn't very interested in what was going on and as a result didn't take much note of the 3D effect. :/  

Hobo Scruffy

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:25 am
My Best Buy is gonna have one. I can finally see if this is worth getting.

@AK, he is obviously talking about the struggle between good and evil in the novel. The main character has taken the oath to uphold and protect the law, but temptation and lust is slowly changing his thoughts to become evil and idontknowwhereimgoingwiththis  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:08 am
i don't about the 3ds yet..i heard good things about and most of the games that came out on launch is meh. Not to the point were i go, OMFG I NEED TO GET 3DS!!! still until i see paper Mario and Kingdom heart game then i'm getting a 3ds, in the meantime ill chill with my dsi and pokemon white and whatever other games i got for it at the moment.  

Super Judo Kami

Hilarious Genius

3,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Signature Look 250

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:37 pm
A GameStop across the street from where I had lunch today had a 3DS set up.
The demo game was Street Fighter.
And It. Was. Beautiful.
crying  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:02 pm
It's true. Street Fighter is a super pretty looking game.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 pm
I dislike it. I couldn't find the "sweet spot". And even after adjusting the 3Dometer to get it playable, it totally ******** with my vision afterwards. Maybe more time was needed to play with it, but I can only see me getting one if it has a lot of games that interest me, and my DS Lite breaks.  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games