Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aw Heck, it's a Pokemon!

Back to Guilds

A friendly easy-going pokemon guild, with news, strategies, and more! 

Tags: Pokemon, Nintendo DS, Nintendo, Heart Gold, Soul Silver 

Reply Gen5 - White/Black
Pokemon Trades and New Ways to Evolve Old Gen Pokemon!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:34 am
Trading Pokemon with people in the city will get you some rare Pokemon before and after you finish the game!

Nacrene City: The girl in the house will ask for for Cottonee (in Black) or Petilil (White). Whichever one you give, she'll give you the other, so if you give Cottonee, you'll get Petilil. Since Petilil is exclusive to White and Cottonee is exclusive to Black, this is the only way to get it without trading online.

Driftveil City: Give a boy in the house a Minccino to get Basculin, a pokemon you won't be able to catch until you get Surf or the Super Rod. If you're playing Black, you'll get the Red-Striped form, and if you're playing White, you'll get the Blue-Striped form.

Route 7: Give the hiker in the house a Boldore to get Emolga, which can be hard to catch since it's only found in rustling grass.

Route 15: Give the woman in the trailer a Ditto to get a Rotom. You can catch Ditto in the Giant Chasm after you've completed the main story and gotten an upgraded pokedex.

Undella Town: Give the main the villa a Cinccino to get a Munchlax.

In addition to trading, there are new ways to evolve a few Pokemon:

Magnezone - in Sinnoh, Magneton evolved into Magnezone when you leveled it up in the mountains. In Unova, Magneton evolves into Mangezone when you level it up in Chargestone Cave.

Probopass - in Sinnoh, Nosepass evolved into Probopass when you leveled it up in the mountains. In Unova, it evolves by leveling it up in Chargestone Cave.

Leafeon - in Sinnoh, Eevee evolved into Leafeon by leveling it up near a special green stone in the forest. In Unova, you can get Leafeon by leveling up Eevee by a moss-covered rock in Pinwheel Forest.

Glaceon - in Sinnoh, Eevee evolved into Glaceon by leveling it up near an icy rock. In Unova, take Eevee to Twist Mountain and level it up near a huge ice-covered rock.

Milotic - In previous games, Feebas evolved into Milotic when you raised its beauty. With that system removed from Pokemon Black and White, Feebas now evolves with a held item called the Prism Scale. You can get a Prism Scale on Route 13. Trade Feebas while it's holding the Prism Scale and it will evolve into Milotic. If that's too much trouble, Pokemon Black and White also allow you to catch Milotic in the wild for the first time ever! You'll also be able to find Dragonite and Tyrannitar in the wild, too!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:38 am
BUMP.  

dklepto
Captain

dklepto
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:39 am
BUMP!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:00 am
That sounds soooooooo cool! I can't wait to get the Black and Whtie series, just got to go find my Target Giftcards now!

SimsGirl87

Codebreaking Conversationalist

9,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 pm
Ah i've been away too long, sorry,

i was gonna post soemthing about this to be honest,
but i think i'll do a list of all in-game trades since RSE/LGFR days, since those can be easily dual-imported.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:27 am
That would be an awesome list! I don't have the info for RSE or FR/LG, but I could help with the others if you need!  

dklepto
Captain

Rekka Atsuma

Girl-Crazy Pyromaniac

8,300 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 am
well, i do have an incentive:
I'd have to play through each game and gather them up, and i'm looking for one ion particular's name:
Emerald - meowth, you trade a skitty at battle frontier to get it, i want to know it's name

i wont be making it any time soon, as i dont have much downtime, though  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:17 am
Yeah, that's cool, though! I look forward to seeing it, and maybe I can help by compiling some of the trades from the other games as well.  

dklepto
Captain

Gen5 - White/Black

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces