Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Ear Piercings
Is it possible for a tragus to be too small to pierce?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:00 pm
Because mine seem so tiny rofl my brother has his tragus done and his is definately bigger then mine. pics:

User Image

User Image

yeah so i'm really wondering because one day i'd love to gt one, if not both of mine pierced but if their too small and can't be pierced, or would just look bad, then i just don't know ninja

also my friend was saying how it's pretty close to the rest of my ear, so she wondered if maybe the CBR would actualy be touching the bottom or something and ithikn she may be right ninja do you think so?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:42 pm
It's possible to be too small, but it's really rare. It doesn't look like you're one of them, so you should be fine to get it done. I'm guessing you would probably get around a 16ga so you can get a ring small enough to best fit it. My tragus is 14ga and I've only seen rings come as small as 5/16" in that gauge. Mine is 3/8" which is a bit too big and it touches my ear right below. But yea, you should be fine. Just consult your piercer for the best fitting jewelry for your tragi.  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:09 pm
ooo awsome.

i'm wondering maybe if i get a horseshoe instead of CBR if i'd be better off? i wont be seeing my peircr for a while (not piercing anyhting for a while hehe)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:41 am
[NUTs]
ooo awsome.

i'm wondering maybe if i get a horseshoe instead of CBR if i'd be better off? i wont be seeing my peircr for a while (not piercing anyhting for a while hehe)

I doubt either would affect healing. It's just an aesthetic thing, so whatever your preference is.  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:47 am
i'm just thinking maybe it would touch the bottom less if it was a horseshoe  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:38 pm
Y'know, in the space above the industrial, a cartilage might look kinda cool, or even an orbital... I have an industrial, but it's much closer to the top of my ear than yours is...  

Yual

Cross Eyed Mary

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:54 am
Yes, it is possible.

Mine received a laugh of disbelief from my piercer when I asked if mine were too small, apparently I have no tragus of which to speak of on either ear sad

But your's are just fine, they're huge compared to mine lol!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:54 pm
There are chances it might be too small. I mean, I don't know if yours is (though it seems big enough to me), I guess I piercer could tell you, but personal experience is that apparently, both my tragus and anti-tragus seem to be too small to pierce.  

Edible Lingerie!

apanda999

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:50 pm
Psshhh...... your's is no problem!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:32 pm
more then cherries: thanks for caling my ears huge lol but their relatively average sized rofl

Edible Lingerie!: ya actualy a few months back i was talkign to my piercer and asked him, he shoved his finger in my ear to check. ok not really shoved, but did that i was like WTF ear rape >.> ok i dind't say it out loud but ya i was liek what are u doing @_@ he's like checking if theres room. makes sence now that u gotta check the back i guess. he said yes. but over a year has gone by since i posted this topic and now i doubt i'd get a tragus (much less 2, since i'd do them seperately) done any time soon.

and jaded kitty, it's funny you mention that because i had planned on getting THREE helix piercings in between the point od my industrial for some symetrical goodness siince i have 3 on my lobe, but i got my lip pierced instead hehehe. much more satisfying. now i'm thinking i've been thinking of an orbital on either ear, but what i'd want would be a horseshoe orbital with the balls on the outside, bar on the inside. now i'm thinking just make it into a custom bent industrial looking like this i dunno i'd talk to my piercer....

o o
|___|

but damn this guild for making me want new piercings scream last thing i had done was my lip and i'm really trying to be a good girl and not get anything else done crying  

[NUTs]

qiU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:03 am
Hard to see in those pics, but I think you should be fine. The jewelry won't make much difference really.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:36 am
I think they're big enough :] they're a bit bigger than my traguses (/tragi?) or the same size and mine was pierced fine.  

Amze_

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff