Reply Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild
Mods as an ice breaker?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emohawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:31 am
so, now that the weather's warming up and i don't have to bundle up quite so much. This means that more of my tattoos are visible. While waiting for the bus I notice a guy sidling closer while looking at my chest tats but at the same time he was trying to appear as if he wasn't. Eventually he was awkwardly close and struck up a conversation with "those are nice tattoos!" I find this type of scenario happens alot! Though the awkwardness is mostly with guys that don't want it to appear as if they're staring at my chest XD.

So the point of all this is: I was wondering if you have ever experiences people bringing up a mod to strike up a conversation? any funny/interesting stories about the way in which people do it? Any other comments?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:44 pm
lately i've been absolutely swarmed with little ol' ladies
asking about my septum and lobes.
..and none of that "oh, you'd be so pretty if you didnt blahblahblah.."
its all, "oh, my! isn't that something!
i think its really cute.

i often try to sneak peeks at other peoples' mods, cause i'm way too shy to ask to see them. sweatdrop  

phallumontis

emohawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:26 am
XD I love the little old ladies! smile i also find most of them to be pretty interested and not all damning and judgmental.

More recently i was out wearing a skirt and my leg tattoo was visible and a drunken guy was yelling at me from the back of the bus like "hey HEY!!! HEY YOU! no not you! HEY HEY YOU, GIRL! WHEN'D YOU GET THAT DONE?!?!?!" it was kind of scary.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:05 pm
just be glad he didnt try to 'caress' it..

for some reason a lot of people think its totally cool to rub a complete stranger's body to try and determine if its a real tattoo. ESPECIALLY drunks.  

phallumontis

emohawk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:21 pm
wow, ya. i've never had that happen D: sounds scary. I've never had anyone touch on my tattoos.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:29 pm
I start conversations about people's ink all the time. I just like tattoos. And chicks with tattoos... sweatdrop
Also, the touching thing doesn't bother me. I have some heavy black shading and it does make the skin feel different. Curious people touch them all the time. Though when people have their own and still touch mine it kinda weirds me out o.o  

Shirokumoh

Biohazardous Lollipop

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:31 pm
I will politely ask someone about their mods if they have something I want myself/am curious about in general/etc.

The only "unusual" mod I have is my septum so people barely talk to me about that. However I do have blue hair that goes up into an 8 inch mohawk from time to time. So I do get people asking me about that. And petting me. Last time I checked you can't feel color, so I never understand the petting. It's not my favorite. :/  
Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games