Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
goverment shutdown

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MR HIGH COMMAND

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:18 pm
whats with the u.s. goverment shutdown? i know that there trying to come up with a new budget by shutting down the lesser important goverment services but it seems like there closing some important ones. the government closed 368 National Park Service sites, addition, 200,000 passport applications went unprocessed, and toxic waste cleanup work at 609 sites stopped, also there wont be any standard safety standers, which mean there wont be a minimal safety standard for boats, cars , motorcycles, planes etc, also the federal meat inspection will also be shutdown which means food companies wont have to have a federal standard for there meat, which means they dont have to keep it as clean as its supposed too or make sure it has a safe amount of bugs , feces, germs etc..
and last some parts of the CIA are being shutdown
and last soon all the people thatwere born during the 50's and 60's are about to retire, that means they get all the money they paid for social security they get it all back. thats were the united states goverment gets alot of its funding.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:50 pm
It hopefully won't last. It's only temporary until the morons get something figured out budget wise. Did you also hear that the military may not be getting paid at? How lovely is that considering there are many people living paycheck to pay check and the husbands/wives are deployed and can't do anything about it. And it's not that we blew all our money, it's that we don't get paid enough to even have a savings fund.

But you say that the government get's most of it's funding throug hsocial security? You may want to recheck that. Social security is going to run out in the next decade. Most of the funding comes from taxes. The government taxes everything. Also, the fees for tags and title, and registrations.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:25 pm
I bet my life's savings on that the budget will go to the 'not war' we have and exploiting the common man.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:35 pm
I'd hold on to that little tighter, it's about to be all we have left...  

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items