Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ★The Sparkle Food Network★ Post your Recipe's!
~ Xena's Delicious Moist Balls ~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nomnom?
  Nom!
View Results

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:33 pm
~ Xena's Delicious Moist Balls ~

(Also known as Xena's Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Balls)

((or just Cake Balls)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Cake Balls are a GREAT desert because not only do they taste fantastic but they are super cheap and easy to make yet look super expensive and professional. There are thousands of different cake/frosting/coating combinations making Cake Balls a desert that can be completely unique to it's creator. Two very popular combos are Red Velvet/Cream Cheese/Dark Chocolate and Lemon/Vanilla/White Chocolate.

- Ingredients -

1 Box cake mix (any flavor but I like fudge)

1 can frosting (also any flavor)

2 packages chocolate chips or candy glaze

Bake the cake according to the directions on the box (Tip: If you are using a "Moist" cake mix, add an extra teaspoon of flour to the mix.) and let it cool for an hour. Once the cake is cold, break it up into pieces and crumble it into a bowl .Some people like to use a food processor, I like to use my hands. The finer your crumbs, the better your Cake Balls will be.

Stir your frosting and dump it into the bowl of crumbs. Mix thoroughly. Some people like to use their hands with gloves, I like to use my rice paddle.

Your cake/frosting mix should now have a stiff "bread dough"-like consistency and hold any shape you mold it like soft clay. Form the cake/frosting mix into walnut sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper or aluminum. Place balls in freezer for 15-30 minutes.

Melt chocolate or mix candy coat in a mixing bowl and take balls out of freezer. Coat balls thoroughly and allow to cool/dry/harden and decorate!

NOTE: When making my cake balls the first time, I bought 1 bag of chocolate chips and ended up only about to coat half of them. For the remaining Balls, I used regular granulated white sugar and they looked beautiful! The picture above really doesn't do them justice but the sugar makes them look like they're covered in glitter or frost! They're really pretty.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:53 pm
You forgot the stick! lol  

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:08 am
They don't need a stick, its like making truffles or bonbons. Some people tell you to add sticks but that just makes it easier to coat them in the chocolate or candy. I just drop one in the bowl, move it around a bit and scoop chocolate on it with a fork and then take it out (with the fork, not puncturing it) and dump it on my tray. If you freeze the cake balls properly before coating them there shouldn't be any problems.

Madame Vita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:25 am
Yeah like I said...sticks wink

xena91388
They don't need a stick, its like making truffles or bonbons. Some people tell you to add sticks but that just makes it easier to coat them in the chocolate or candy. I just drop one in the bowl, move it around a bit and scoop chocolate on it with a fork and then take it out (with the fork, not puncturing it) and dump it on my tray. If you freeze the cake balls properly before coating them there shouldn't be any problems.

Madame Vita

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:33 am
No sticks! razz
See that pic up ^there? They came out just fine w/o sticks so nyeh! User Image

Madame Vita

xena91388

Madame Vita

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:45 pm
Cough waste of time cough cough just add sticks cough

xena91388
No sticks! razz
See that pic up ^there? They came out just fine w/o sticks so nyeh! User Image

Madame Vita

xena91388

Madame Vita

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

SilentlyVicious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:15 am
Everything is in motion.
Everything flows.
Everything is vibrating.

Those look soooo good![/drool]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:14 am
Those look freakin' delicious!  

Chrisius

Chrisius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:38 pm
I think I'm actually gonna make those tonight. I'll tell you how they turn out wink  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:36 pm
Be careful. They are ridiculously yummy and their size is deceptive. One ball is roughly equal to one serving of a regular two-layer cake with frosting but because of the size deception and yummy-ness you may end up eating almost half a cake's worth of balls before you realize it! xd

Chrisius
I think I'm actually gonna make those tonight. I'll tell you how they turn out wink

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:55 pm
ughhhhh Cake Balls are sooo good. I could live on cake balls alone <3

and you gotta have the stick ; )

★The Sparkle Food Network★ Post your Recipe's!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games