Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Tornado record

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:58 pm
correct me if im wrong but last thursday the newspaper reports a supercell that spawns of 200+ tornadoes that trash the surrounding cities around mine
hit power and nuclear power plants mess up the counties water supply and even removes the WAFF weather radar
so during that time if another storm was to hit no one would know
i have no idea where the storms will hit now but i just want to let everyone know to prepare
it was dark everywhere at night people looted the few stores and gas stations with generators were packed it was pure chaos like off of a horror movie  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:45 am
Were you uneffected by the tornadoes?  

00Shoe
Captain

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:05 pm
everyone was affected the neighborhood and i might of not been hit but we were without power or water for awhile  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:17 pm
These past sorms have been bad... My mom in MD had about five tornadoes in the past few weeks... MD has never gotten that many tornadoes in a year, let alone a month. They were out of power and water, since they're on a well, for almost an entire day. The roads were closed for a few days. Then a tornado landed right in the middle on Main street, which is very well built up...

I was reading articles on the ones in Georgia and Alabama. We're about 45 minutes North of Savannah, but we haven't gotten anything. My husband works with someone who lost about 10 people from his family... I empathize with those who have lost family and friends.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:10 am
Not a good situation...

Why would anyone choose to live in a place that often gets tornadoes?  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:21 am
No matter where you go, you'll run into a natural disaster. Hurricanes and Tsunamis near the oceans, Tornadoes and Earthquakes can appear where ever in the world. What we need is to find a better way to predict them and people not dumb enough to stay for them to minimize casualties and find alternative sources of power, so that if they happen we don't have to worry about coal dust, nuclear explosion, and oil spills.  

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:00 pm
The Final Kira
No matter where you go, you'll run into a natural disaster. Hurricanes and Tsunamis near the oceans, Tornadoes and Earthquakes can appear where ever in the world. What we need is to find a better way to predict them and people not dumb enough to stay for them to minimize casualties and find alternative sources of power, so that if they happen we don't have to worry about coal dust, nuclear explosion, and oil spills.

Where I used to live in MD was never under threat by any type of disaster. Hurricanes never made it up close enough to the coast to effect us, tornadoes never used to land there, and there were very very few earthquakes. It was pretty much a safe place to live. But with the recent changes in weather it has become a hot spot for tornadoes.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:15 am
Of course there is always the chance of natural disaster. What I mean is why would you choose to live in a place where you know there are going to be disasters.

For instance this time of year in some parts of the prairies of Canada they always declare a state of emergency because of flooding. Which is dumb because people built towns in flood plains - what did they expect.  

00Shoe
Captain

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:30 am
00Shoe
Of course there is always the chance of natural disaster. What I mean is why would you choose to live in a place where you know there are going to be disasters.

For instance this time of year in some parts of the prairies of Canada they always declare a state of emergency because of flooding. Which is dumb because people built towns in flood plains - what did they expect.

Oh, I know. I'm still baffled why people live in tornado alley. It's called that for a reason. There is a house that was built around us, which was built in a flood plain. They're sooo lucky that nothing has happened. And the people who built their mansions on the cliffs in California!? I guess they're not worried about it since they have a million more to waste on a house... My mom's house is in a relatively safe place, but these fluke tornadoes really make you wonder if there is any place cafe from Mother Nature.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:25 pm
well ive heard rumors that this is a catergory 1 disaster which is equal to 9/11 and hurricane katrina because it was so wide spread so this saturday im going to get all my old toys and stuffed animals to donate as my mom delivers meals to the storm victims  

Bolt BioHazard

Destruction

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:52 pm
Oh wow, I didn't hear that. But it is all over the country. The midwest is getting flooded now. It's nuts.  
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games