Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Rescued a Betta yesterday...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:47 pm
So, there was a Betta at school that I have been trying and trying to get. Thats the really short story. For the really long story, go here-

http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/betta-fish/94828-some-people-yet-another-betta-rescue.html

Anywho, I got him! Friday, his new mommy, the person I gave my fair goldfish, Magikarp to, will be coming to pick him up (and give me 4 ivory Mystery snails!). He's in a 3 gallon Kritter Keeper right now, with all his plants from his old tank, and a bit of filter media from the 30 gallon, and his two buddies, a Ramshorn snail, and a 1 inch Guppy fry that some how found her way into his old 10 gallon at school (wasnt supposed to take her, but I wont be seeing that teacher for my last 4 days at school, so whatever) lol

Heres some pics of when I first brought him home, yesterday. Looks terrible, all grey and washed out =(

User Image

User Image

User Image

And after just one day, his colors are back, and he was begging for food.

User Image

User Image

And the little Guppy. She's cute lol

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:28 pm

Poor little guy! I'm glad you got him. Maybe your teacher won't know it was you >.>

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:13 am
For all she knows, it was some other person who took the Guppy lol Seniors last day is tuesday, and she comes back from her vacation on wednsday.

He looks great, other then missing half his tail. You would never have known that just two days ago, he was a pale grey, and pretty unresponsive to anything that went on around him. He's like a whole other fish!  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:21 pm
lol did you steal him or did the people actually give him to you? either way,awesome!! hes handsome smile  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:16 am
Well, I stole the Guppy, but I would have stolen the Betta as soon as my teacher was gone anyway if she said that his "owner" said no. lol

His new mom picked him up today, so it might be awhile till we get new pics, but today, he looked great! Swimming around, begging for food, doing his little wiggle-dance at me to get me to look at him XD So cute!! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:22 am
so glad he was saved! Looks better already!  

DeeSpark

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:15 am
I'm so glad you got him! He looks better already! He looks kind of like my Betta, with a little less red on his fins. It looks like he'll make a full recovery! biggrin I hope his old "owner" doesn't get any more fish, as much as he/she made him suffer. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:45 am
We used to have a betta. When we put in him in his bowl, I could tell he was happy. He would wiggle for food too.  

Yunui

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:14 pm
DeeSpark
so glad he was saved! Looks better already!

Its amazing what clean water and some food can do, isnt it?  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games