Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
I don't know what it is

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reik8

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:00 pm
Maybe you all know for sure what it is but I don't really know a lot about occultism and supernatural stuff, though I'm interested in it.

Somehow I've the feeling that something's haunting in my house.
Curtains open themselves without any reason, pencils and brushes suddenly fall to the ground, last night I was almost hit by a shaver etc.

Could you help me, please??? sad  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 pm
Excluding things like breezes, it could be poltergeist activity. Keep in mind that poltergeist activity does not automatically imply a spirit is doing it. It could be coming from you.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Reik8

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:58 am
Thank you for your help =D
Though I doubt that it could be me because I never used to have skills like that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:49 pm
Reik8
Thank you for your help =D
Though I doubt that it could be me because I never used to have skills like that. sweatdrop

There's usually no skill involved with people suffering from poltergeist activity (or recurrent spontaneous psychokinesis as it's known today). It comes on without warning and leaves just as suddenly. The person at the center of the activity is usually an adolescent female but it does happen to males. The subjects are usually under a lot of stress and the psychokinetic activity is a conversion mechanism to release that stress.

In your case it might just go away suddenly and never reappear, especially if you've been under a lot of stress lately and that stress is resolved.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Reik8

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:45 am
I don't think that it's me because I realized that the poltergeist or whatever it is followed me to an other country where I spent some days together with my friends.
He shut the doors and as I was asleep he woke me up by scratching my pillow. The other night he did it to my friend who was terrified.
She also said that she saw a light flash as she looked for the reason of the scratching.

It can't be me, I think. o.o  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:20 pm
Reik8
I don't think that it's me because I realized that the poltergeist or whatever it is followed me to an other country where I spent some days together with my friends.
He shut the doors and as I was asleep he woke me up by scratching my pillow. The other night he did it to my friend who was terrified.
She also said that she saw a light flash as she looked for the reason of the scratching.

if the activity followed you, and affected your friend, then I think it reinforces that it could be coming from you. You may be stressed by something, even if you don't know it (happens to me a lot) and a lot of people use their friends as releases mechanisms for stress, normally through talking. So theorectically, you could have caused the activity that effected her. (the light might just have been her freaking out or a coiencidence)

course this is just my logic result. i dont have a lot of experience in this field so im not too reliable.  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 pm
Reik8

It seems to me that the activity is still centered around you, which would add weight to the RSPK hypothesis. That the activity followed you to another country is pretty significant.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 pm
(yay!! someone agreed with me!! mrgreen means im not totally wrong!!)  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Reik8

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:37 am
Thank you very much for your help! =D

So I don't need to freak out anymore xD
Well, I never expected something like that could happen to me because I never experienced it before.

Thank you! ^^
(Though I don't really feel stressed but as BSPBleach said sometimes one doesn't know it ^^)  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:48 pm
If the issues continue, there are various wards you can put up to protect yourself from spirits. Religious symbols such as bibles and crosses can actually help, even though you don't have to be religious yourself. Of course, this is merely one way.

It is possible the activity could be based around you, but I wouldn't bet on it. If you can't calm it down by becoming aware and relaxing, it very well could be an outside source.  

Sonkurra-Taichou

Dapper Guildsman

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:16 am
Sonkurra-Taichou
If the issues continue, there are various wards you can put up to protect yourself from spirits. Religious symbols such as bibles and crosses can actually help, even though you don't have to be religious yourself. Of course, this is merely one way.

It is possible the activity could be based around you, but I wouldn't bet on it. If you can't calm it down by becoming aware and relaxing, it very well could be an outside source.

Yeah, I've heard of people being haunted before. The spirit will follow them around. If they move to another house. They come, too.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:53 am
So, almost a year passed and now I know what it is ^^
It really is a ghost. He's still around me, he told me his story and now I'm not worried anymore. I got used to his presence and don't freak out anymore when he's moving things, whispering sth, etc. sweatdrop
I realized that it wasn't his intention to scare me. He always stopped immediately when I got frightened.

Thank you guys for your help =D
Just wanted to inform you that I'm now doing okay biggrin  

Reik8

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:25 am
Glad to hear it! Always good to know that some creepy stalker is harmless 'ight? XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:56 am
Yeah, it's very relieving! xD
I imagined the weirdest and creepiest stuff and it's making me happy that it didn't turn out that bad XD  

Reik8

The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games