This whole May 21 stuff.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Janet23

Festive Builder

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:04 pm
So I've been hearing quite a few people talk about how judgement day is going to be May 21, 2011.

Here's more info if you wish to read:
Link

What does everyone think about all this?

Personally I stand by the fact that we're not supposed to know and that trying to guess isn't going to do us any good. For example I saw a sign in March that said world to end. March 21, 2011 (clearly we're still here). Also the scriptures he provides for him proof, I'm not seeing how the work out for him. In the 1 Thessalonians passage (at least to me) Seems more like its explaining that by now we should know better than to ask what the time is because it's going to happen without our knowledge just as "A thief in the night." You don't know a thief is there until the thief is there. Or as a woman doesn't know when she's going into labor until its happened. I think more so that it goes into say that we know the day of the lord is coming so we aren't in the dark about it but we still don't have knowledge of when it is just as God told us we wouldn't. That's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:31 pm
I definitely agree with you. I figure, "Don't worry about it, life goes on. When it happens, it happens, and there's no 'preparing' for it."

People don't like to admit they don't know about something.

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100

Janet23

Festive Builder

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:04 pm
And honestly you really can't pin anything to an exact date seeing as time is something man made. Along with dates. So honestly when you think about it our day could actually be a year if it was determined as so. And calenders weren't recorded for everyone for years.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:54 am
i really doubt its going to be so soon. ive got a good gut feeling that im going to live to see my wedding

i dont really see the point in worrying about when it will happen. its going to happen one day no matter what we do so we may as well be happy living our lives now while we can  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

rosadria
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:01 am
If Jesus says He doesn't know, and that only the Father knows, why would we assume we can know?  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:01 am
I agree with what VK said.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

X_Valentine_Lovegood_X

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 pm
I believe somewhere in the Bible it said that He would come 'like a thief in the night'. Do thieves in the night announce or make their presence known? No. Do we know when they are coming? No.
God said we will know not the day or the hour in the Bible. If we cannot trust the Bible, what can we trust?
I do not believe that Rapture is in 4 days.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 12:58 am
Man will not know the day nor the hour. I'm choosing not to believe what they say. I know the Lord will come back for all his children soon enough. The ONLY way to prepare for the Lord's return, is to Repent and get Saved and have the Holy Ghost. He's coming back for all the righteous.

Matthew Chapter 24 Verse 36 - 42

But of that day and hour knoweth no man, not the angels of heaven, but my father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying, and giving marriage, until the day Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.  

AlizahStarr

Determined Human

xxsoullessANGELUSxx

Dapper Explorer

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 2:31 am
And people who say it is (tomorrow) the 21st, they're cutting it short for people who are just graduating....

Ha, anyway, it's an interesting topic. I'm looking forward to watch my cousin graduate from highschool tomorrow. wink The second of my generation in cousins (first being me) to graduate. X3 Can't wait! (sorry, off topic)  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:23 pm
"No one knows the day or the hour" I think that sentence, which is in the Bible, makes it pretty clear that no one knows when the world will end.  

Astrimic

Gekko

Janet23

Festive Builder

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:34 pm
So who hear heard about his newest Oct. 21 theory.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:24 am
I read about it yesterday. I want to see how he will justify it when the date comes and goes without incident. I couldnt help but smirk when I read what his justification about May 21st was  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Bible Questions and Debating

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces