Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Doctor Who Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Doctor Who, Cyber Man, Dalek, SciFi, Banana 

Reply The Doctor Who Guild
Rory has become the Kenny of Doctor Who.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So far, Rory has died (or come close to it) 5 different times after having been in only 12 episodes:

-Killed by an Eknodine in the dream world in "Amy's Choice"
-Shot by Restac and absorbed by the time crack, thus being erased from existence in "Cold Blood"
-Shot by Canton in "The Day of the Moon" (yes, I know it was fake, but still)
-Almost drowned in "The Curse of the Black Spot"
-Died in an illusion created by the House to mess with Amy after being lost in the TARDIS for 2000+ years in "The Doctor's Wife"

That must be a record of some kind. Eventually, whether Rory live or dies is just not going to matter anymore.

So, why do you guys think that Steven Moffat keeps killing Mr. Pond?  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:08 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
So, why do you guys think that Steven Moffat keeps killing Mr. Pond?

I think he's trying to contrast between Rory and the Doctor. Amy knows the Doctor is going to die for real, so she's not to worried about him (a bit like how the Doctor feels towards River), but she has no idea what will happen with Rory, and she really wants to make sure he doesn't die because of her insistence of travelling with the Doctor.

Reilas

Dapper Darling

Lord Shadow IX

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:30 pm
Did you draw those?  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:23 pm
Lord Shadow IX
Did you draw those?

Haha, no, I wish I had that kind of talent. I just found them on Google.  

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200

Reilas

Dapper Darling

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:28 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
Lord Shadow IX
Did you draw those?

Haha, no, I wish I had that kind of talent. I just found them on Google.

There's a South Park character maker on a website, but I can't remember where....

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:28 pm
I lol'd.

What about Jack? Having him in an episode is like an excuse to kill him a few times.
Though I guess we all know he's not really dead, and it fits cannon.
Though tbh we're all pretty sure Rory's not dead by now.

Horntastic

Dapper Phantom

Maeko-Hana

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:38 am
That is absolutely hilarious! biggrin xd biggrin

Yeah, Poor Rory...I feel almost numbed to him dying, has no impact anymore.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:18 am
It is getting to be a recurring theme, and I posted that it might turn into something, who knows?

Quote:

Quoted from doctorwhospoilers.com in a post about "The Rebel Flesh".

Rory mentions his mum.

He also makes a funny gag about his repeated deaths.

Ricwulf

knightofthe21stcentury

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:15 am
You're not the only one to make that connection!  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:59 pm
Don't forget he was strongly implied to have died as well in The Big Bang, to the extent that everyone seemed to just assume it was only natural he'd burn to death in a fire despite there being no evidence to suggest as much. Presumably because he's Rory and that's what he does.

That should go on the list, surely :/  

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:35 am
I'm sorry to inform you that we are forgetting a death. After re-watching The Doctor's Wife with a friend, I noticed that Rory dies TWICE in the same episode. The first is where we see him all old and then a skeleton, but the second is when the light go out for Amy. We see on the floor, with a puddle of what is assumed to be blood, a dead body, who we can assume is Rory from his hairstyle, and the fact he is the only other male human in the TARDIS at that time.

6 deaths in 13 episodes. I think that has to be a record or something.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:37 am
Ricwulf
I'm sorry to inform you that we are forgetting a death. After re-watching The Doctor's Wife with a friend, I noticed that Rory dies TWICE in the same episode. The first is where we see him all old and then a skeleton, but the second is when the light go out for Amy. We see on the floor, with a puddle of what is assumed to be blood, a dead body, who we can assume is Rory from his hairstyle, and the fact he is the only other male human in the TARDIS at that time.

Kenny has only not died in like 13 episodes. Not really.  

Lord Shadow IX

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:37 am
Ricwulf

Really? I thought he'd just been knocked out, and Nephew had used his communication thingy to trick Amy. I was never entirely clear on what had happened in that scene.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:16 am
Miss Marinara Sauce
Ricwulf

Really? I thought he'd just been knocked out, and Nephew had used his communication thingy to trick Amy. I was never entirely clear on what had happened in that scene.

Yeah that was all sorts of stupid. The body serves no purpose because Amy can't see it, then ten seconds later Rory just comes round a corner and tells Amy to leg it. WTF Gaiman :/  

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:04 pm
Lord Shadow IX
Kenny has only not died in like 13 episodes. Not really.

I meant in Doctor Who alone. I think for mot death in any serie it would be Kenny without a doubt.

Miss Marinara Sauce

Yeah, the puddle of blood, and the fact that he is still talking while on the ground gave me the impression that he was dead.  
The Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games