Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Need help identifying what could be runes on an old pendant Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:49 pm
Death By Kaiju

edit: other things i've noticed- the carving is very very light. when held up to a really bright light, it's impossible to make out anything, the jade looks translucent.

well that tells you the type of jade........hmmm. are you sure its jade, and not just appearing to be jade?  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:49 pm
-edited-

well looking up all these symbols, im starting to belive it was a random doodle or carving as well.......i found meaning of norse or germanic runes that were already mentioned, scorpio and aquarius, and actually looking all the symbols can be linked to some form of love charm or spell. lol. well i'll keep looking just because research like this is good for me. and leads me to questions i didnt know i had!! mrgreen  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Allsixcolours

Lonely Genius

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:08 pm
Death By Kaiju

BSPBleach
yes mitsh i know that IIX isn't common, but XII was the first thing that popped into my head, so I went with it ><

and I was wondering bout the top lines as well. They actually what reminded me of those old numbers which i belive might've been from the Isles.......i'm not sure been awhile since i read it. And the lines might have a slit intentionally, acciedentlly, or if it was carved deep enough, is just an illusion caused by the angle.

(and since I just managed to understand what monckey said bout iig, is there a possiblity that iig itself is a word?)

and how old is the pendant that tourism came into play? normally mass produced items, especially tourist ones, have a stamp on it. like from where it was imported from, or from who made it if it was local.

Your point made me think, what if it is carved as a mirror image? It is a stretch, but from the roman numeral stand point XII makes more sense than IIX. Does anyone think this might have some standing? Try looking at the symbols backwards and see if it makes any sense. I know nothing about runes, but figured that this might be a valid point. good luck!  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:32 am
BSPBleach
Death By Kaiju

edit: other things i've noticed- the carving is very very light. when held up to a really bright light, it's impossible to make out anything, the jade looks translucent.

well that tells you the type of jade........hmmm. are you sure its jade, and not just appearing to be jade?

not entirely sure, but it seems to hold properties of cheap jade- namely in the cloudy translucency.

so the more it's looked into, the more it seems it's just random markings and s**t. still, the necklace has a lot of meaning to me so that's all that matters!  

Death By Kaiju

Hygienic Gekko

5,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Regular 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:07 am
Death By Kaiju
BSPBleach
Death By Kaiju

not entirely sure, but it seems to hold properties of cheap jade- namely in the cloudy translucency.

so the more it's looked into, the more it seems it's just random markings and s**t. still, the necklace has a lot of meaning to me so that's all that matters!

that is true  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces