Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
THOR

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was this review helpful?
  Absolutely!!!
  Not really...
  I'll never say!!! *rides into black hole*
  *Uses the Bifrost slips in yoinks gold and leaves by way of the Bifrost*
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 pm
I just went and saw this movie today. It was between this one and "Fast Five" cause I heard they both were good and I wanted to see both of them. However, with what I had heard I decided on seeing Thor this time and I'm glad I did.

First off I like Norse Mythology. Then you get into the fact I grew up on Marvel and DC comics and yeah I'm going to probably be harder on these movies then most others.

However, I set aside my critical nature because of these influences and went to enjoy the movie and I greatly did. They couldn't have gotten a better cast to play the characters for the movie if they had to. The casts were perfect, the world they created was beautiful. The Midgard, the humans, felt so human for a change. They didn't have all the answers, they didn't just accept everything and keep going like it didn't bother them, they were very human in their reactions to things each different because each was different in personality.

I love how though a movie the characters evolved and grew into these new yet same characters, if that makes any since, yet it wasn't sudden and you're not going "Wait why'd he changed his views?" You could actually see the change and why it came about it was nice to see!

The only "tiff", cause really there was nothing I truly hated about the movie, was that when you saw Thor and his friends ride out on the rainbow path you watched them ride out on Thoroughbreds or Arabians. I'm sorry a viking like warrior or a Norse god wouldn't be caught dead on a horse that "frail" they would be riding a war horse, but really that was the only tiff I had with it and even that didn't ruin the movie.

I mean for once they finally got Odin's horse right which was a complete shocker but it was nice to see. The only other thing...and I don't know if this was just because of my theater or if it was the movie but some of the action sequences got very loud to the point it started to hurt my ears. It even gave my mother a slight headache, but all in all a very good movie.

I would totally go see this movie in theaters if you can and for me it would be one that I would say you can simply buy it when it comes out without renting first. Totally one that's going into my own personal collection.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:03 pm
Cool! I've been curious about this one. The trailer looked awesome, but superhero movies are so hit-and-miss. Glad to hear they got one right. I'm actually excited for this one now. surprised  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces