Welcome to Gaia! ::

RoseSoul Tribe

Back to Guilds

this guild will be a community of RPing, Debate/Discussion, Art/Litterature, Contests and Fellowship. 

Tags: roleplaying, fantasy, contests, music, occult 

Reply RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum
Project Idea--I need a partner with marginal musical tallent Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:17 pm
sounds awesome! what's it use? how's it work? how much space does it take up?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:07 am
Still working on the details. Here, check it out:

Avery Roc Music Creator

Jam Studio  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 pm
woah, those are interesting. o.o

do you know how to layer the Avery loops so that multiple loops are playing at once, and can the loops be placed on an actual recorder or player so that only the parts you want looped will loop and only when you want them to, etcetera?

the JamStudio is interesting... but I can't see it being useful for anything besides background rythm.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:06 pm
I'm not sure. We can always turn individual rhythms and segments into loops in another program. It's kind of a long way around, but I don't want to spend much money in the beginning.

I am saving up for Cakewalk Music Creator 5, just because it looks like an awesome program and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. ^_^ (Now if I could only get a few commissions going so I could actually get some money to save! razz )  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:51 pm
I see, same concept as when I walk the 10 miles and back to get where I'm going so I don't have to pay for the bus. got it. ^_^

should be simple enough to figure out, even if it's choppy and unnessesarilly complex. leastways it'll all be on the same computer, so I won't have to worry about having books and papers and strange contraoptions all spread out everywhere so that someone walks by and "cleans it up" by mixing everything up out of order and putting somewhere where I need two hours to find it and when I do I have to spend th erest of the damn day sorting it back out again! stressed

heh... sorry.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:17 pm
It's actually pretty easy. We could build up sort of a "stock pile" of rhythms and use MixPad or Audacity to put them all together. Trust me, it'll work out. :Hugs:

So...Lets get started!

The band name is Paschen--it's a crater in the moon--and the debut album is "Truth. Doubt Those Who Find It." Since I'm the queen of this project, these are set in stone. So there. razz

I was thinking the first project could be the cover track. I pulled some rather insightful quotes (I thought) from Moby d**k--which I think would sound SO COOL if you recorded them, Twi! You have an awesome voice. biggrin I just don't know where you could get a decent mic. razz It doesn't have to be right this instant anyway. But still, something to shoot for. I was also thinking the track could have a Tiesto or Bass Hunter feel, just so we have a sound to sorta be our road map for our first try. Anyway, here's my loose layout for our "lyrics." It doesn't have to be in this order or fluidly narrated.

Truth. [techno, words from Moby d**k and Andre Gide] (Cover track)

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

Fa La Lirra Skiraa oh!

I'll try a pagan friend, thought I,
Since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.
Thought he, it's a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan.

Fa La Lirra Skiraa oh!

Butchers we are, that is true. But butchers, also, and butchers of the bloodiest badge have been all Martial Commanders whom the world invariably delights to honor. For we are killers, on land and on sea, Bonaparts and Sharks included.

Fa La Lirra Skiraa oh!

Heaven have mercy on us all—
Presbyterian and pagan alike—
For we are all somehow dreadfully cracked about the head
And sadly need mending.

Fa La Lirra Skiraa oh!

Truth. Doubt those who find it.

My email is Purely Superficial @ Gmail . Com so if you want to send me sound clips in .wav, .midi or .mp3 files (we can figure out a standard file type as we go), I can start to put them together and send back my bits. biggrin  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:13 am
I am SOOOO diggin that! biggrin heart

I may need to figure out how to properly pronounce Fa La Lirra Skiraa, however.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 am
It was sung by an old Quaker whaler who had a very foul mouth, so just play with it until it sounds good to you! heart Also, we can mix it up, repeat syllables and sounds. It's going to be tech-ish anyway.  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 am
alright. I wanna try running by a few pronunciations of it over the phone wth you sometime, whenever you've got the time. that alright?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:17 am
Sure, I'm working T-W-Th this week, so I'll be up all night those nights. Monday might work too, but we might have something planned Friday. Tonight, we're busting our butts to get the house clean. Long story.  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:41 am
alright, coolio. I'll give ya a call tonight or Wedsnday night then. it's a bit of a stretch for me, cause I've Got D&D on Wedsnday and Work Crew on Thursday.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:47 am
Don't tax yourself. Remember, when I'm working, I can't talk until after about 9:30 my time. razz So if you need sleep, GO TO BED! whee  

ScarletFrost
Vice Captain

Chieftain Twilight
Captain

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:12 am
pffft! sleep is for mortals! talk2hand  
RoseSoul Tribe Main Forum