Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
What should I do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:23 pm
Okay today I was over at my other aunts house (Her name is missy) and I was wearing a dog color with the tag of my dead dog Bear (He died in January after trying to save me from a pit-bull) and I was swimming in her pool (In ,my brace ik not a good idea ._.) and my other uncle (OMG I hate him!) and he looks at my dog collar and the tag and he said "why are you ******** wearing a dog collar take it off!" and I said I'ma furry and he said whatever and he said you shouldn't be wearing Bear's tags b/c hes a dumb dog and I said he wasn't a dumb dog he was my dog after that i was crying and he said god your like your mother always crying over a stupid animal and I'm like he's not stupid! he was special to me! I got out of the pool and ran down to the patio in the forest my uncle (the one who I'm living with) asked what happened and I told him and he told Missy's husband and they kicked him out

Should I forgive my heartless uncle or no?  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:37 pm
Uh...no I wouldn't.

I say "treat others the way you wish to be treated" and if he is going to say that your like a cry baby like your mother ((and I assume its in a disrespectful way)), then I wouldn't give him any form of forgiveness, but to show that you are the better person, one day you will forgive him, still being the same way you wish to be, but say you forgive him for being a a**.  

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:42 pm
Seems to me like you overreacted.
I'm totally on your side: he's a d**k.
But to run off crying into the woods?
Cliche and doesn't help your case.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:55 pm
Well having a lot of experience in family issues... I would just like to point out that forgiving someone doesn't necessarily mean you ever talk to them again. Forgiving them will help you to get over it. Talking to them may just create another crisis. So in response to the question, I personally would work at forgiving him in your situation but I would also try to avoid him. Again that is just opinion so take it with a grain of salt.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:10 pm
Kayian
Uh...no I wouldn't.

I say "treat others the way you wish to be treated" and if he is going to say that your like a cry baby like your mother ((and I assume its in a disrespectful way)), then I wouldn't give him any form of forgiveness, but to show that you are the better person, one day you will forgive him, still being the same way you wish to be, but say you forgive him for being a a**.

I take after my mother I love animals
And i'm like her I NEVER forgave people easly  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:11 pm
Foxifyre
Well having a lot of experience in family issues... I would just like to point out that forgiving someone doesn't necessarily mean you ever talk to them again. Forgiving them will help you to get over it. Talking to them may just create another crisis. So in response to the question, I personally would work at forgiving him in your situation but I would also try to avoid him. Again that is just opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

True but I never forgive people easyly unless I'm forced to  

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
How often do you visit your aunt? If it isn't often then don't sweat it.

However it really does seem like an overreaction. Next time it would be better to just ignore him.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:08 am
I wouldn't forgive him. Most people who tease me or say things just to offend me I brush off, but this man is family, that should automatically put him on your side. But for him to bluntly call you and your recently deceased dog stupid is just too much. Family is supposed to support you, not destroy you. Maybe he can get back into your good graces later, but for now, don't forgive him.  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:42 am
00Shoe
How often do you visit your aunt? If it isn't often then don't sweat it.

However it really does seem like an overreaction. Next time it would be better to just ignore him.

Only for major holidays, and sorry sweatdrop me won't  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 am
Good to hear! It is always better to not let things like this get under your skin biggrin  

00Shoe
Captain

Lufftet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:39 am
Bah family! Well I like the fact that he got kicked out of the house for that. He seems like an a**.

I do agree with Foxifyre. It would be best to try to avoid him. And there is no reason for him to start s**t again if you don't say a word to him.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:40 pm
Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx
Okay today I was over at my other aunts house (Her name is missy) and I was wearing a dog color with the tag of my dead dog Bear (He died in January after trying to save me from a pit-bull) and I was swimming in her pool (In ,my brace ik not a good idea ._.) and my other uncle (OMG I hate him!) and he looks at my dog collar and the tag and he said "why are you ******** wearing a dog collar take it off!" and I said I'ma furry and he said whatever and he said you shouldn't be wearing Bear's tags b/c hes a dumb dog and I said he wasn't a dumb dog he was my dog after that i was crying and he said god your like your mother always crying over a stupid animal and I'm like he's not stupid! he was special to me! I got out of the pool and ran down to the patio in the forest my uncle (the one who I'm living with) asked what happened and I told him and he told Missy's husband and they kicked him out

Speaking for personal experience i had one family memeber that whiel the cause of our never talking again was different then yours died a few years back and the last words i ever said to the person was i hate you and never wanna talk to you again. i was unable to make the person funeral. now there is not a day that goes by i wish i had at least tryed to work things out.  

Neko Queen Nala

Partying Friend

7,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:21 am
Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

Honestly he seems embittered I think he brings up your mother because he has feelings toward her that probably spread onto you.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a collar however if you were in a city area i can see his concern I'm not sure if it was this way or not but if you have neighbors he probably didn't want them to see you with a collar on because they might think its weird and then then would associate that wierdness with him as well because you are related. Its all about social appearance.

I think that fear of being seen as a wierdo made him angry Remember Anger is a secondary emotion something like fear or hurt comes before it and Anger is merely a response to that.

So i think he started talking about the dead dog in a mean way in hopes you would get angry and take it off

But I think your uncle has his own issues.

What he did wasn't nice or right but he is messed up just like we all are.

Just try and be peaceable and forgive him when you are ready to (if ever)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:14 pm
to be honest no because like you i love my animals and if anyone beit my own family about them being stupid animals an exct i would leave the house and crash a a buds house for a few days  

guilmon__XD

Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff