Sonic Generations is coming to the 3DS!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:23 pm
This November... One game. Two Sonics. THREE DIMENSIONS.
Yay, now we can try it out!
[url=http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2011/06/01/nintendo-3ds-two-sonics-one-epic-adventure/]SEGA[/url]
The specifically designed Nintendo 3DS environments, based on iconic levels from popular Sonic the Hedgehog titles, will include an exclusive unlockable ‘Special Stage’ allowing players to become even more immersed in Sonic’s world. Sonic Generations for Nintendo 3DS will also take advantage of the StreetPass™ feature by enabling players to collect new content and unlock bonus material each time they pass another player. In addition to this, the new two-player versus mode means fans can battle it out across some of the most recognizable Sonic environments in a completely new way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 pm
It seems like the "new Sonic" stages in the 3DS game will be more like Sonic Rush, and not like Sonic Current-Gen, which I suppose is better, but a little disappointing because they seem to finally be "getting it" in making locations we give a s**t about in 3D Sonic. Might be cool, but I'm mot interested in PS360 (Cafe?) Generations at this point.

Show me some footage.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:08 am
Yeah, apparently there are lots of details in NP that I missed... "Modern" Sonic operates more like Sonic Rush Adventure Sonic. So it's more like the 2.5D stuff. Details here.
Also, according to Takashi Iizuka the idea was to make Sonic HD so if Café is HD... we're set. mrgreen
Footage? Hah, I wish. Instead there are badly scanned NP shots.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:10 am
I know it's a bit off topic, but I really hope the 3DS gets GBA games. I'd love to play the Sonic games for GBA, because I hear they were all great. Or how about a compilation cartridge, with Rush and Rush Adventure?  

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:07 pm
Meta_Fish
It seems like the "new Sonic" stages in the 3DS game will be more like Sonic Rush, and not like Sonic Current-Gen, which I suppose is better, but a little disappointing because they seem to finally be "getting it" in making locations we give a s**t about in 3D Sonic. Might be cool, but I'm mot interested in PS360 (Cafe?) Generations at this point.

Show me some footage.

THERE HAS BEEN FOOTAGE YOU f*****t  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 pm
I'm talking about for the 3DS game. If there has been footage of it, then show me, like I said.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:50 pm
Meta_Fish
I'm talking about for the 3DS game. If there has been footage of it, then show me, like I said.

okay well when you say "Might be cool, but I'm mot interested in PS360 (Cafe?) Generations at this point. Show me some footage." it kind of implies you are talking about that version  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:53 pm
The Eleventh AK
Meta_Fish

okay well when you say "Might be cool, but I'm mot interested in PS360 (Cafe?) Generations at this point. Show me some footage." it kind of implies you are talking about that version
oh okay sorry  

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:53 pm
also I'm not really interested in the 3DS version if it's just gonna be sidescrolling. That's one of the things I actually like about recent Sonics, and what makes the HD version look interesting. The switching back and forth between 3D and 2D can be really cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:58 am
Looks like they made the same old levels again instead of making exciting new designs that don't suck... *grumblegrumble*
Classic Sonic looks really cute, though. I love that. Actually, it looks pretty sweet overall.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Skrulz S.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:06 pm
I tried Sonic Generations on my 360 using a 55 inch Flatscreen TV.

I ran through Green Hill. Died on an enemy who was half the size of classic Sonic. Compare this.

S <---- Classic Sonic

S <---- The Enemy

This is going to be a bombshell.

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas