Omnipresent Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:40 pm
o0d-_-b0o
SK Loda
Glad pushing is tough with the wheelchairs that are currently available, that I will admit.

PvP is really the only hard part of the game, and even that is becoming rather easy these days. Not to mention, the other day, I actually sold a carry to 2200 in 3s, which is leading me to believe that its the game which has become easy enough to be able to carry in, rather than skill that got the guy to 2200.

It seems the majority of players that don't find WoW boring are PvPers. Raids get stale rather quick anyway and everything is scripted. Not dynamic enough for my tastes.

As far as carrying to 2200 is concerned, it could always be done with relative ease as most of the best players are sitting at 2700+ and aren't trolling the low mmr brackets. At 2200 you still see a fair amount of obscure/experimental comps that wouldn't make it to 2700.

On Tichondrius people get carried to 2200 on a regular basis and as far back as I can remember. Maybe not TBC actually but definitely in WOTLK.

My major issue is homogenization. It used to be that certain classes had hard counters and other classes got rolled on etc etc.

Now every class has a soft counter to every other class and friggin melee have self heals where as the only DPS class that had self heals as a way to increase their survivability (Locks) got their self heals nerfed. I've seen warriors outheal locks in RBG's.
I'm not a lock but watching them get nerfed so hard through WOTLK and Cata has me wondering wtf the devs are trying to do. I don't think they're balancing too well.

I see a lock now and think to myself, free hk. Only exceptional afflocks are performing well. All the others have passable or mediocre performance. This could also be due to the learning curve that afflocks have but I'm not gonna chock it up to that.

I know that trying to balance so many classes/specs around pve and pvp can be difficult but when the devs make class changes it's rarely ever a small change. Instead of a 5% nerf across the board they'll do a 15% nerf or something like that.

I'm happy with the state of Ele Shams right now. I don't feel the suckage so much anymore and I can shut down casters (Which was never really a problem to begin with)/kill melee before they get to me. I could have just rolled Resto Sham and trolled my way to 2700 like most of the other shams but (it's odd) I enjoy healing on every other healing class so much more than my sham, even if their heals are uber right now.

True. Still, there are clear comps that work well, and comps that don't. Not to mention, the 2200 carry was a rogue/enh shammy/rdruid, which isn't an orthodox comp by any means, but did work to a certain extent. But, as you said, past 2200, it would get crushed easily. Anyways, I guess you're right, I won't delve any deeper into this convo in this thread, as its getting to be borderline pvp theorycrafting xD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:01 pm
I recently quit WoW in June because the gameplay changed in Cata. Raiding was fun during Vanilla WoW, TBC and WotLK. But in Cata I lost the excitement. The fights weren't intriguing to me and most of the people who i played in the past left because the game lost there interest. really since the release of Cata it was PvP that kept me going for awhile until i became a bit bored of that as well. I think eventually WoW may be fun again in the future, but right now it lost its originality and became something different. All i can say about the WoW community is Haters gonna hate.

But, i've been searching for another MMORPG and i found a couple that seemed pretty cool. Star Wars: The Old Republic seems to be very popular. I would like to play that game because i always wanted to be like Darth Maul (my favorite star wars character). Also, its a new universe, different style and a new story line to follow. It think it will be a big hit in the MMORPG universe. Another game is Tera Online. The graphics of the game is probably the best ever. the customization of characters is amazing because you can literally create millions of different facial looks. the new real time action seems pretty cool. there's only one faction. awesome classes and cool looking races.

WoW would always be my pride and joy since i played for 6 years. But, its time to retire and enjoy new games.  

Max Noble

Wolf God Moro

Beloved Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 pm

["We‘ll meet again in the afterlife…"]

As Hayate stated, PvP is the only thing keeping me a float in Cataclysm at the moment along with RP on Wyrmrest accord. I just got tired of wiping in the beginning in heroics over and over again. Healing has become more challenging and less fun. Instead of being l33t and being able to keep players up when they take unncessary damage, I just get yelled at constantly. They've changed a lot, which left a sour taste in my mouth to continue on into Cataclysm PvE content. I mean, I could join a guild that does all that and raids, but I'm just not feeling it unfortunatley.

But I'm still on it.
Hard to kill an addiction. I'm sure, just as they did in Wrath, they'll start nuking stuff and hopefully take into consideration all the feedback in the latest class forums. Maybe...

I can only hope Diablo 3 will be stellar and a refreshing change.

World of Warcraft

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff